Harry Potter

Andrewr05

There is a new trailer for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on yahoo...

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I'm not sure how many of you are into the Harry potter series, but I'm sure some of you may find it interesting...

My nephew got me hooked on the first book (well movie first then I read the book) and I pretty much couldn't get enough of it.

I'm still gonna go to the theaters by myself (or maybe with my cousin) to see this when it comes out though, Despite how "geeky" or "loserish" Ill seem to everyone else!

Although I'm not as fanatical as some "weirdo's" that go during the premiers... :rolleyes:

(full costumes and such)

Edited by Andrewr05

:withstupid:

The books really are fantastic to read. I still need the latest two books so I can catch up though!

The movies aren't that bad either, but you need to read the book(s) before you watch the movie(s) to understand what's going on.

It takes a lot for a book to draw me in to it to the point that I could read hundreds of pages and simply not care what time it is after I'm done because the world it creates is that good. Those are the books on my bookshelf, one shelf, not even completely full.

Truly a great series it is!

I'm not ashamed to admit that I've read all the books and liked them. I will admit, however, that the last one was disappointing. Oh well. I'll probably see this movie eventually.

EDIT: I thought they were ditching the original cast and getting older actors after the last movie... :huh:

Edited by Bleeble

• 3 weeks later...

The movie comes out July 13, 2007...

Movie Site

As his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry approaches, 15-year-old Harry Potter is in full-blown adolescence, complete with regular outbursts of rage, a nearly debilitating crush, and the blooming of a powerful sense of rebellion. It's been yet another infuriating and boring summer with the despicable Dursleys, this time with minimal contact from our hero's non-Muggle friends from school. Harry is feeling especially edgy at the lack of news from the magic world, wondering when the freshly revived evil Lord Voldemort will strike. Returning to Hogwarts will be a relief--or will it?

I'm actually really excited for the movie and for book seven. It's amazing how easy it is to get sucked into the series. They better hurry up though, or those kids are going to be old and bald in the 7th movie :P

I'm actually really excited for the movie and for book seven. It's amazing how easy it is to get sucked into the series. They better hurry up though, or those kids are going to be old and bald in the 7th movie :P

I just got a funny mental image of Ron walking with a cane and Harry running around with a Helios oxygen tank strapped to his waist :lol:

I like the books, however, the movies have been getting "Teeny" under the new directors... IE: in the POA, half the time they were wearing "Muggle" Clothes
Yeah I would prefer the movies to be much darker too...