Commercial I Made For Economics Class

airman

Silencers are illegal in the US so I doubt he can get his hands on one. And then if he got caught with one...he would definately get arrested.

eh? I thought they were regulated depending on the type.... :blink:

ON Topic:

Nice vid! but why the black athletic shoe? lol, kinda distracted me since i was expecting a shinny formal dress shoe :huh:

Other than that small detail, awesome vid! :thumbs-up:

Edited by The Unforgivin

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The laws on silencers vary by state, so it's possible he may live where he can legally possess one.

Nice commercial. Despite the lack of "professionalism" with the larger gun, I'd stick with it for the effect. If I was pulling a job like that, I would use something bigger than a .22, like at least a 9mm. I'd want to kill the guy, not give him a bruise! :lol:

Its not the caliber of the gun, its the placement of the round.

People don't seem to realize a good shot with a .22 is as effective as a good shot with a .45

Thats why a skilled marksman with a .22 is more deadly than a mediocre gunman with a 50 call

I like the idea of a silencer, though you may/probably will have to make a fake one.

:Edit: you should re film the apple falling out of his hand, you can see him push it with his thumb.

:Double Edit: he should be wearing gloves too. Preferably leather

:Triple Edit: It would also be cool as a reference to Hitman the game if he was wearing a red tie

not to shabby... just not what I'd think a pro would be using... switch it up to a SMALLER .22 sized pistol :) and have the stupid thing LOADED. putting the magazine in while walking upto the door is unprofessional

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE

Thats why a skilled marksman with a .22 is more deadly than a mediocre gunman with a 50 call

QFT

Also a .22 pistol (at least one that a hitman would use) usually has a long barel for added accuracy and does not normally have provisions for a silencer

AFAIK

Edited by Andrewr05

Silencer would be a cool effect for a movie...much better than loading a gun while walking into the house.

I know that, at least in some states, it is legal to have a silencer, but illegal to have more than 2 of things like: silencer, collapsable stock, extended magazine, etc.

But really now...what assassin cares about doing things the "legal" way? :P

lol this is just a commercial that's gonna be watched once and forgotten about, so little details like that aren't worth reshooting/editing/etc. but they're all great suggestions. very observant, nothing i cought.

@unforgiven: they were the closest thing to "dress" shoes i had lying around. they were the shoes i wore when i worked at the movie theater. i def woulda used some tux shoes for sure if i had 'em.

It's kind of cheap that you used the music from the GOW commercial.

:withstupid: I find it hard to believe you didn't hear it in the GoW commercial, but even if you're telling the truth, 75% of other people would have, and it's rather lame to use a song from a recent commercial.

Other then it being a tad short I actually enjoyed it great job :)

On the contrary, I thought it was too long. Commercials are typically 30 or 60 second spots.

I guess another thing that bugged me a little bit was the begining with the car, watching it for the first time, you kinda are like "ok what the heck is going on, why is the car going so slow?"

:withstupid: To help with the length, try speeding up the beginning a bit, and I agree about the kid reaching for an apple being a little slow.

Anywho, as for the actual commercial, I thought the idea was very good and nicely done. If it was cleaned up a bit, it'd almost be like a commercial for the Hitman series. Like others said, contract killers would use a silencer though, or at the very least muffle the shot with a pillow. It'd actually be kinda cool if you could rig a pillow with a firecracker so you have the pillow burst a little before switching the apple rolling on the floor scene, having some feathers float down...but I think that may be a bit much :lol:.

Anyways, remember you're not actually shooting anyone here, so you don't have to use a "real" gun. Make your own "silencer"...paint it black and tape it to the barrel. I don't agree about twisting the silencer on in the house because that would already be attached as well...an assassin wants to get in and out as quickly and silently as possible. Don't attach the clip in the driveway and don't cock the gun in the house.

I doubt you'll want to reshoot anything, so I'll leave you with one last bit of advice that you can actually easily do. Lost the gunshot sound. Let's forget the fact that one would use a silencer and thus the shot would be muffled....but if you actually have the assassin point the gun at the mark and then in the next scene showing the apple rolling out of the hand, it has a much greater impact without the sound. Let the viewer "fill in the blanks."

Again, I thought the overall concept was good...just giving you some things to consider in the future.

:Triple Edit: It would also be cool as a reference to Hitman the game if he was wearing a red tie

the thing i thought would look the best imo :) the red stripy hitman tie!

Make your own "silencer"...paint it black and tape it to the barrel.

indeed. so long as it "looks" good, it will add to the effect.

Nice vid! but why the black athletic shoe? lol, kinda distracted me since i was expecting a shinny formal dress shoe :huh:

the shoes were the FIRST thing i noticed. get something smarter! and get some trousers that fit better! :lol: