Commercial I Made For Economics Class

airman

hey all...i wanted to share with everyone what i just did for economics class. took me about 3 hours, which is a record for any video "production" i've done. i guess i'm proud of this one.

basically...our project was to create a business, and any details needed for it. we had to go as in depth as finding an accurate startup price, floor plans for our business, positions and salaries for employees/etc. but here's our commercial.

we're also doing a spoofed infomercial as well. should be pretty humourous. i may post that up here as well.

comments/concerns are encouraged. it's not due for another week so i still have alot of time for improvement. :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all...i wanted to share with everyone what i just did for economics class. took me about 3 hours, which is a record for any video "production" i've done. i guess i'm proud of this one.

basically...our project was to create a business, and any details needed for it. we had to go as in depth as finding an accurate startup price, floor plans for our business, positions and salaries for employees/etc. but here's our commercial.

we're also doing a spoofed infomercial as well. should be pretty humourous. i may post that up here as well.

comments/concerns are encouraged. it's not due for another week so i still have alot of time for improvement. :)

It's kind of cheap that you used the music from the GOW commercial. At least use the (good) Tears for Fears original version.

Other than that, nice! I like the apple bit.

Edited by martymcfly

marty: this song was written in 2001. i pulled it from the donnie darko soundtrack. i didn't even know it was in a GOW commercial. haven't seen it yet :P

thanks gotdamojo :)

I apologize. It just seemed like it may have been taken from that commercial as that was the first time I'd heard that cover (I never saw Donnie Darko) and I thought it was the TFF version in Donnie Darko.

My mistake.

Other then it being a tad short I actually enjoyed it great job :)

I actually thought it was a bit too long...

and since you want to improve it ill add a few suggestions:

It may add to the look, but he(you?) should have the clip in the gun already.

Instead of putting the clip in show him removing the gun and pulling the slide back (depending on the type of gun)

Also some parts are a little too slomo, you should speed up the part where the guy picks up the apple and then goes to take a bite when the gunman walks in.

and you should change the font on the bottom text of the company name at the end of the move, i can barely read it and i have excellent vision...

Edited by Andrewr05

The first thing in my mind was, "OH MY GOD A DODGE!" and I imediately forgot what the movie was about. Photoshop that dang Ram logo out of the picture :lol:

aww hush yerself. 98% of it is mitsubishi anyways. i agree with the font at the bottom of the logo/page thing. i'll change that for sure :)