Password Protected Door Unlocker

Funny that you post that now...I'm going to be working on coding a microcontroller to operate as a combination lock with a 12 button (telephone style) keypad. It's for a class, but I was considering hooking it up to a linear actuator for my own use... :lol: I think now I may have to go ahead and do it.

Funny that you post that now...I'm going to be working on coding a microcontroller to operate as a combination lock with a 12 button (telephone style) keypad. It's for a class, but I was considering hooking it up to a linear actuator for my own use... :lol: I think now I may have to go ahead and do it.

:lol: :thumbs-up: awesome! lol, take pics when your done :P

@gotjamo, it just unlocks your door when you enter the correct code IE: it turns your door lock :) Pretty simple actually.

Hehe, now that i think about it, you could probably design a program to use a serial port as a means to unlock the door instead of using that micro controller. Maybe have a touch screen on the outside of the door? HAHA, that would be awesomly cool and probably simpler (hardware wise)

• 1 month later...

Lol cool!! :)

great for keeping pesky sisters out :) Just a shame my door doesn't have a lock quite like that, but then i suppose i could rig it to turn a key

:) good work :)

Btw glimmerman, that looks like it is inside his house so you would have a pretty limited pool of suspects lol.