Sign in to follow this  
CoolMaster

Huge Problem

OK im so mad it's not even funny. So I got that intel retail edge thing. AND installed everything just fine. It copies all the windows files on XP.....but then when it goes to the blue screen for "installing" windows it gets an error -"an exception has occured while trying to run shell32,control_dll,intl.cll,,/f"c/windows/system32/[email protected]" /s:d:/i386

I even tried installing the windows vista rc1 disk they gave me. and they screw up.!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON. AHHHHHHHHHH PLZ HELP ME

EDIT: it says now a piece was like not insalled properly like copied from windows.......and told me to repair.

but even then, why wouldnt the rc1 vistas work.?

both 32 bit and 64 bit failed to isntall

Edited by CoolMaster

if you want help for this try posting in the right section of the forums!

it's a software problem NOT a motherboard problem

well I mean it could be? since windows XP OR VIsta will not boot?

xp worked fine on my other. altho i tried another hard drive off a dell.......and it booted just fine? what the heck mayte?

and vista gives me a 0xc0000005 error

windoes just straight up wont finish.

but it happens at different percentages? any clues. Im aboutt o pull out my hair!

EDIT: apparently it was a RAM problem

Edited by CoolMaster

well I mean it could be? since windows XP OR VIsta will not boot?

xp worked fine on my other. altho i tried another hard drive off a dell.......and it booted just fine? what the heck mayte?

and vista gives me a 0xc0000005 error

windoes just straight up wont finish.

but it happens at different percentages? any clues. Im aboutt o pull out my hair!

EDIT: apparently it was a RAM problem

Thats right where i was going. I had the same issue and changed memory just to test and windows installed fine.

:withstupid: ya i agree. i had a problem once where windows kept crashing at different stages. i was mad cause it was all new stuff. once i calmed down i started troubleshooting and all it was is my ide cable going to my hd was not all the way pluged in. so ya good to know you found your problem though.