Need Help Finding It For My Parents Please Help Me :)

Queenz

Ok my mom and dads anniversary is on wed. next week. They said they want a dog real bad, and I mean real bad. So I play onto adopting a dog for them and surprising them. Unfortunatly you have to be 21 years or older or 18 years or older at them animal shelters to adopt a dog. So the only choice I have is to adopt a dog from a regular household family who wants to give it away. I don't know what to do. My parents work so hard for me and it would mean alot if I could get them a dog. It has to be a dog that stays small its whole life, and is very hairy. Can someone please help me find a dog in the queens area or has any advice on how to get it? My area code is 11367. Please help me. I have no other family members that are older that can some and help me get the dog. So i need some other alternative

IMO, don't do it. If they really want a dog, they can go out and get one themselves. It's not something a kid should give their parents. For one, it's a lot of responsibility; do they have the time to take care of it? Secondly, it's a lot of money; even if you get it for free, you have the food, shots, etc etc. Thirdly, are you sure your parents would want an adopted dog? Some people prefer buying a dog rather than adopting a random stray. Fourthly, it sounds like you will be going the free route, and thus, what kind of gift is that? Again, they could just do that themselves, and in the process find one they really want instead of being stuck with what you choose.

Even if it didn't cost him much, a gift to parents by a child is priceless Clay. He's trying to give his parents something to show them thanks and make them a little happier.

Queenz, talk to a vet about shots and all that and how much it'd cost, then look around in the classifieds or something. There are lots of families who are moving or unable to take care of their dogs anymore.

IMO, don't do it. If they really want a dog, they can go out and get one themselves. It's not something a kid should give their parents. For one, it's a lot of responsibility; do they have the time to take care of it? Secondly, it's a lot of money; even if you get it for free, you have the food, shots, etc etc. Thirdly, are you sure your parents would want an adopted dog? Some people prefer buying a dog rather than adopting a random stray. Fourthly, it sounds like you will be going the free route, and thus, what kind of gift is that? Again, they could just do that themselves, and in the process find one they really want instead of being stuck with what you choose.

Sometimes people just need a bit of tough lovin' :withstupid:

If they really wanted a dog, they could easily get one themselves. It's probably just wishful thinking on their part. I bet they realize how much work and money is involved in getting a pet.