Sign in to follow this  
lt_navvara

My Quote Is Out Of Date

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I remove the quote from my sig?

• Yes, it is out of date
    • Yes, it was stupid anyway
    • No, keep it as a memento of the "good times"
    • No, microsoft hasn't removed the message, you must have been on something to have missed it

The first thing I ever noticed about Windows Vista is that Microsoft removed the "it is normal for your screen to go blank and for your computer to restart itself several times" message from the install screen. This particular message has been with us Windows users ever since, the beginning of Windows. Now it's gone. So sad. What's more I can no longer claim my quote to be accurate so should I remove it? :glare:

I voted "yes, it is stupid anyway" because I believe you're misquoting what it actually says anyways.

i can't remember ever seeing that and i've been using windows since 3.0

Trust me it's there. Do a windows reinstall if you don't believe me. The message is shown when the actual instalation begins.

I do windows installs all the time, and I'm pretty sure the only thing it mentions is the first part of your quote as it installs the video drivers. It does not say it'll restart itself several times.

I just done a install a few nights ago and all I recall seeing is that your screen may flicker or go blank for a few seconds, nothing about restart that I recall (windows 2000) But yes stupid anyway.

:foldon:

Hmm I'm pretty sure I saw something to the degree of "Your computer may restart several times before the install completes." when I installed vista fresh.