Raid

TEK_Speedy

Ah, very helpful, thanks.

On another note. I am buying a new motherboard with sata 1.5gb/s. the hard drive im getting is 3.0gb/s. its still compatable right? just limited to 1.5gb/s?

Edited by TEK_Speedy

On another note. I am buying a new motherboard with sata 1.5gb/s. the hard drive im getting is 3.0gb/s. its still compatable right? just limited to 1.5gb/s?

Yes. Unless you'll be purchasing Hitachis you'll likely need to set a jumper to set the drive to SATAI.

Can you explain that to me? I heard of some issues reguarding SATA, people not being able to get the operating system installed because the hard drive cannot be found.

Any help is very much appreciated. I will be putting it all together, and using SATA for the first time. its a western digital 80gb sata3.0 on a asus nvidia nfoce 4 board with sata 1.5gb/s.

Ive never had to install any form of SATA driver for a single drive setup using nForce 3 or 4, however if you plan on RAID in the future you WILL have to. Anyway the motherboard manual will have directions (may have to DL the online version from the ASUS site).