Sign in to follow this  
Cyberbeer

Going Crazy

I am going out of my mind trying to figure out what the problem is with the DSL at my house. I signed up for Verizon DSL about a year ago and it worked fine for the first 6 months or so. For the last 4 months though, I lose the DSL connection everytime we recieve an incoming call. I've checked and rechecked all the filters, even ran a line directly off the NID to the DSL jack. I've called Verizon numerous times to no avail. They have sent a tech out once, and sending another out tomorrow. I live less then a mile from the CO, so my speeds are as fast as they can get. I've had all the lines tested and they come out perfect. I'm running out of patience and ideas. I'd switch to cable or another DSL provider in a heartbeat if there were one out here.

Anyway, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this. At this point I am willing to try anything to remedy this.

Have you tried replacing all your filters? You may have a bad one somewhere in your house, perhaps you missed one testing, maybe the one behind a couch or dresser or something heavy and difficult to get to.

Possibly a phone problem, though I'm talking out of my ., could it be one of your phones interfearing?

not if you went back to the NID like that.

I'd say it's a line problem between your NID and the CO.