Warning: Os X Users

bigred

Well I found where my garbage WU's are coming from... of all places my laptop!

the F@H client off the stanford site for OSX is for power PC only. though AMD SSE3 enabled processors, and Core 2 based chips (including the xeon based mac pro) seem to handle this fine, it's mac's own approved hardware that's got a problem. Core Duo / Solo chips do NOT handle the translation well at all. infact they just don't.

Well I found where my garbage WU's are coming from... of all places my laptop!

the F@H client off the stanford site for OSX is for power PC only. though AMD SSE3 enabled processors, and Core 2 based chips (including the xeon based mac pro) seem to handle this fine, it's mac's own approved hardware that's got a problem. Core Duo / Solo chips do NOT handle the translation well at all. infact they just don't.

Well at least you found the culprit, I was looking at your folding a couple days ago and saw all those WUs and no points it reminded me of when I first started folding and had a OCed machine that was not stable.

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

Well at least you found the culprit, I was looking at your folding a couple days ago and saw all those WUs and no points

:foldon:

:bah:

thats funny because i was just looking @ bigred's f@h stats on EOC last night & saw the same thing :lol:

well it seems to have gone away now that the laptop is in windows mode (and still folding).

still have a ton of rigs to get up and running. stupid work is keeping me from getting it all done any time soon though :(

and to top it off several of the "already folding" rigs are now rendering either god knows how many hours of video for my wife, or a huge cad file for my brother (55gb of crap :( ). so there goes their productivity.