Intel Noob!

Ok here is the deal im about to build a new gaming pc. I have never built a intel machine and man has this been hard to figure out what I want lol. Here is my list. Please any suggestions would be helpfull. I wanna make sure im not making any mistakes.

The last pc I built was in 2002-03 ish and I play oblivion on it. Im trying to make a new pc that will last a long time again. The reason for this is cause I want oblivion to look really good instead of runnig at 800x600 lol.

The ram im getting is some ozc performance 800 ram I dont have it listed cause I already have it.

CPU=core 2 duo 6600

Mobo=asus p5b deluxe

GPU=x1950xtx

Memory=OCZ 800

HD=2 seagate 160gig 16mb buffer in raid 0

PSU=OCZ 700watt

There is alot more to it but thats the main guts. The thing is when it comes to intel and motherboards I have not a clue. so any help at all from anyone please. Lol

Main components look good.

But what about overclocking, if you have even a small desire to overclock you should buy for it now or you will kick yourself later. ( I know I did, More than Once :glare: )

What case and cooling Setup?

I believe the XP-90 or the XP-120 Are compatible with that socket. Along with some AS5 you could get a Nice OC.

The only thing that I think you might want to think over is your video card. If I remember correctly, the x1950xtx only has 16 pixel pipelines? The 7900GT and 7950GT have 24 pixel pipelines each...And they are significantly cheaper. Maybe you might want to think about that.

Best of Luck,

Makaveli

Uh, so how do you figure it's better? Sure, it might have a little bit better statistics, but is that worth $150-$200 more? And is it really that much of a noticable difference? That's your call. Personally, I like nVIDIA over ATI. Eh, maybe it's just me sticking with nVIDIA over the years :P