In The Military?

exeter_acres

Coming from a military family.... i believe this pic sums up my feelings

gallery_7351_55_22261.jpg

Hear hear.

I don't think Kerry meant to say what he said, but that slip-up shows you what he thinks deep down inside. This is a textbook case of a Freudian Slip. It just gives you a little insight of what these libs really think of the armed forces. I just so happen to know MANY bright people serving in the military right now. I know doctors, lawyers, and even frontline officers with accounting and economics degrees from respected universities. I've known all along that these libs hate the US Military, as much as they deny it, and this is a classic case that proves my point.

OK, let's preface this first:

Kerry is a moron. I voted for him last time, and I'd vote for him again today over Bush, but he's an idiot. I don't care what he meant to say, or whether or not it was a "botched joke". What he did say was idiotic, and very offensive. The fact that he hasn't apologized and rectified the situation is rediculous. Even what he claims he meant to say was stupid. What a stupid way to twist a topic like education into a shot at the war.

Having said that, what's even worse than that is how this will spiral out of control and take over the news. Oh wait, too late.

Instead of discussing important issues regarding candidates in the upcoming elections, the news will now be swarmed with spin of all sorts, distracting further from the real issues. "Are you sure you want to vote Granholm? Isn't that like supporting what Kerry said?" I mean look at how far this has spun just in this instance:

I've known all along that these libs hate the US Military, as much as they deny it, and this is a classic case that proves my point.

Kerry is an idiot, so now all libs hate the military? Boy that really escalated quickly.

And while we're on the topic, do you really think Bush is any better? I mean all these guys are the same on both sides. Rich kids that went to private schools, groomed for "leadership" since day one, and none of them have ever approached anything that could be called "the real world". None of them have any comprehension of the life of a typical military person. Just look at the numbers of how many Congress people have children in the military. Both sides will talk a great game about how important the military is, and how they deserve respect, but how many of them do you see shoving their own kids to the front lines?

Kerry is a moron. I voted for him last time, and I'd vote for him again but he's an idiot.

That right there is frightening....

and it IS an important issue because it shows how the Dems feel and think about our military and our Nation's defense.....

Instead of discussing important issues regarding candidates in the upcoming elections, the news will now be swarmed with spin of all sorts, distracting further from the real issues. "Are you sure you want to vote Granholm? Isn't that like supporting what Kerry said?" I mean look at how far this has spun just in this instance:

I've known all along that these libs hate the US Military, as much as they deny it, and this is a classic case that proves my point.

Wrong. I agree that this is receiving too much media hype, and the Republicans are using it to distract from the real issues. I've made this clear on other forums I frequent, and didn't make a big deal of it on here... until now. Don't try and accuse me of running with this play by the Republicans to try and tarnish Kerry's already-battered reputation, because I'm most certainly not. There is no excuse for those Republican politicians who are using this Kerry story to try and play politics a week before they lose their seats.

Kerry is an idiot, so now all libs hate the military? Boy that really escalated quickly.

It's nothing new. Liberals (like Kerry) have had a disgust for the armed forces since Vietnam. These Freudian slips of the tongue, combined with their voting records and political platforms are what make me reach this conclusion.

Both sides will talk a great game about how important the military is, and how they deserve respect, but how many of them do you see shoving their own kids to the front lines?

That's an age-old argument, but what does respecting and funding the armed forces have to do with sending your kid into it? I respect public school teachers and think they need a raise, but I'll be danged if I am going to attempt to teach a class of kicking, screaming, mal-raised American children. It's an all-volunteer army for a reason.

Kerry is a moron. I voted for him last time, and I'd vote for him again today over Bush, but he's an idiot.

That right there is frightening....

Yes, I said that Kerry is an idiot. Do I really need to elaborate on what words I would use for GW? I don't vote party lines (I have no problem voting Republican, and have done so in the past), and I'm not saying that I would vote Kerry because I'm stubborn. Someone can be an idiot or a moron and still be the better choice in a pair. I'd rather have an idiot human than a semi-intelligent monkey.

and it IS an important issue because it shows how the Dems feel and think about our military and our Nation's defense.....

That's absolutely incorrect. It shows how JOHN KERRY feels and thinks about our military. Why are all "Dems" held responsible for John Kerry's faults, and yet no one seems to be responsible for George Bush's? If anything, GW's side should be more responsible for him, since he won. If all "Reps" were held to everything GW said, you'd all be in fourth grade remedial english class right now learning how to make cursive letters. Oh, and you'd probably be in rehab, too.

It is possible to be a democrat or republican and still disagree with certian party points. Everyone just seems so anxious to make these huge blanket statements.

Wrong. I agree that this is receiving too much media hype, and the Republicans are using it to distract from the real issues. I've made this clear on other forums I frequent, and didn't make a big deal of it on here...

You say "wrong", but then you agree with me that it's distracting from the real issues. What's your point?

Don't try and accuse me of running with this play by the Republicans to try and tarnish Kerry's already-battered reputation, because I'm most certainly not.

Was this editted in later, because I didn't see it before? But I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was talking about how this is all you will see the next few days on the news (instead of well needed election discussion). I guess I did use your quote as an example, but to me it fits perfectly. We go from Kerry saying something stupid to something totally different about all democrats hating the military. Why does it always have to swing so far the the exteme?

There is no excuse for those Republican politicians who are using this Kerry story to try and play politics a week before they lose their seats.

I absolutely agree. That was my whole point. And in the name of reciprocity, my point was made more general to also encompass the Democrats who do the same thing when given the chance.

I respect public school teachers and think they need a raise, but I'll be danged if I am going to attempt to teach a class of kicking, screaming, mal-raised American children. It's an all-volunteer army for a reason.

That's an excellent analogy, and I completely agree (mostly because I could never be a teacher either, so I can identify). But again my point was that despite people saying "dems hate the military", I really don't see the two parties as very different on this matter. I think a lot of people interpret the overall intolerance of the war on the democratic side as a hatred for the military, but that's just immature. Hating the military and disagreeing with what it's doing are two very different statements. The dems surely have a small group of whack-jobs that really do hate the military, but judging the whole group by that small one just shows how little you're really interested in discussing the whole picture. I mean if I pictured every republican as the crazy right-wing religious nut that climbed a bell tower with a rifle to "save us all", what good would that do me in actually discussing the real issues?

You say "wrong", but then you agree with me that it's distracting from the real issues. What's your point?

I was under the impression that you were using my "Liberals hate the military" quote to support your argument about Republicans using his misstatement for political gain. I said that as a personal opinion, and I don't want the Republicans to gain anything from it. I was just making sure you weren't throwing me in with that bunch of lockstep Republicans who pounce on whatever the daily RNC press release is.

Was this editted in later, because I didn't see it before? But I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was talking about how this is all you will see the next few days on the news (instead of well needed election discussion). I guess I did use your quote as an example, but to me it fits perfectly. We go from Kerry saying something stupid to something totally different about all democrats hating the military. Why does it always have to swing so far the the exteme?

I did add it in later. I wanted to make extra sure my point got across, as I had done a bad job of making it in the first post. I won't say all Democrats hate the military, as some Republicans are saying. Democrats..err... Independents like Joe Lieberman and Zell Miller are just a few of the Democrats who I wouldn't mind funding the military. I am saying that liberals (like Kerry, Kennedy, Klinton, and Krew) inherently hate the military. It's in their genes.

At times like this I miss Clinton.

I actually thought he was a pretty good president.

Yeah because when Clinton was president, we didn't have a standing military for hippies to make fun of like we do now :lol:

irak.jpg

I just think that the dems are mad because Bush has an approval rating dipping well into the 30s and even so, they couldnt find anyone better than Kerry to beat him... Out of the millions of people in this country, thats the best you lefties could do? Talk about a normal guy loosing in the Special Olympics!

(yes that was taken from a comedian and yea i am just stirring the pot)

I'd rather have an idiot human than a semi-intelligent monkey.

No offense but that right there is one of my pet peeves, it is probably one of the most immature things you can say in a political debate...

I'm not meaning to make you sound like an idiot btw.

It always ticked me off when I heard kids talking about bush in school, now im not saying that I specifically like him, but when you ask a group of kids why they don't like bush and all there collective brain power can only come up with:

"I hate bush cuz of the war and he looks like a monkey!!"

1018.gif

and then they would be like oh my god you actually like bush!!!!?

and I would say YES I think he is a fine president and they would be speechless

*End Rant*

Now to kerry, he looks like lurch lolololololo

(well he kinda does)

:rolleyes:

But seriously what he said was screwed up, im not sure if it reflects what all liberals think, but its still a shame.

I guess it must be the way I was brought up, because I think id rather have a bad republican in office than any democrat anywhere...