40 Rigs In 10 Hours

bigred

I finished the last 3 already.

and the first 2 cases of beer were imported canadian blue :) hehehe best stuff on earth.

and I just realized we can't ship em yet :( keyboards, mice, speakers and monitors haven't arrived yet.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the last 3 already.

and the first 2 cases of beer were imported canadian blue :) hehehe best stuff on earth.

and I just realized we can't ship em yet :( keyboards, mice, speakers and monitors haven't arrived yet.

hehe, that isn't a minor feet... lol i spend about 3 hours building a rig :lol: *soaks up all the details and finer points of building a comp... including the crappy motherboards :lol:

but you'll buy an Abit.

rude news... Abit is one of them

btw the final number was 37.

better than I thought. still buying beer and pizza to watch the rain delay :(

I know. Its sad isn't it. Fortunately they have been good to me. I wanted a board that didn't need a bunch of mods when i lean on it. . From the IC-7's and the one i have now have all been great. Now PC Chips is another story.

i think i can answer for red pretty well here...

he used to own a store in a computer franchise, sold it for a nice sum

then he was/is involved in data storage & off site backups

he's currently running/setting up/buying property for several off road parks in different states/countries.

thats a brief description & i'm sure i left some stuff out

well the parks aren't just for offroading. we now have an 18 hole golf course going in at the georgia park. we also include hiking, fishing, camping, biking, atv / motorcycle trails and horse back riding there.

the michigan and mexico parks are still less than 50% operational, and right now only offer limitted camping to go with offroading.

the ierland park is under construction now, and is slated to begin operation in mid march.

australia might back on. depends on govn't permits... not looking good though.

the goal is to have all 5 parks fully operational by august 2008... if australia gets back on track, maybe. if not... no way.

the dude ranch in colorado is up in full swing.

on top of all of that I've also got the offsite data storage center. which is recently was nearly doubled in storage capacity AGAIN. the building is physically maxed out @ 340 server... so that's yet another project.

as far as the computer store, I had one franchise, sold it to pay for my share in the overall parent company. which turned out to be brilliant in the end. though I'm still watching all the little shops, even bigger stores going under and wondering if I can walk back in and pickup the pieces to turn a profit again.

oh and these rigs, yes the are for regular desktop pc's. others are for the mechanics to bring up all thier schematics, 3d catia drawings etc with. the MMC rigs are for video distribution in the park offices.

that's actually not a lot of rigs overall.

the park already has about 50 onsite as of right now. it's part of doing business and making money. a fully staffed park like georgia has almost 200 computers in it. but they have everything from voip systems, to IP cameras, IP video and audio distribution. but I don't forsee any of the other parks getting that much equipment any time soon.

and sadly the german gov't, along with most of europe, isn't very receptive to something along those lines.

besides several smaller satalite parks in michigan are in the works.