Xbox 360 Or Ps3?

trey

"'Gears' Demand Second Only to 'Halo 2'" -- biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14329

PS2 has no game that comes CLOSE to Halo 2. Sure Grand Theft Auto, but Halo 2 shadows that by the tens of thousands of players world wide who play on Xbox Live daily. Mark my words, when Halo 3 comes out, everything else will not be able to keep up.

When will you fanboys realize that ONE game doesn't do jackshit for system sales.

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGPGLLPGLL11130359

That's an article from Nov 2005 (AND from an xbox fansite), one year after Halo 2 was released on xbox, which if what you say is true, that the PS2 got KO'd when Halo2 got on the scene, provides plenty of time for said impact....but guess what, xbox numbers is puny compared to ps2. 34% market share compared to 51%. The PS2 sold more than 100 million units worldwide, and believe it or not, but in 6 out of the first 7 months since the 360 launch, the number of PS2's sold actually beat the number of 360's sold. If you think the PS2 ever got KO'd, you're extremely naive...and that's putting it nicely.

I H8 fanboys

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here comes Xbox 360:

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGHPHGNPHd11151029

It's a prediction, but sounds like it will happen to me...

If you don't believe that Halo 3 will be a massive hit, then I'm just going to say that you're retarded...

So you're saying it's bad to be a fan of certain consoles? Ok, it's like AMD and Intel...just because you have one or think one is better than the other doesn't make you a fan boy. It's all opinion. And my opinion is that Xbox 360 will be a bigger hit than the PS3, partially due to Halo 3.

When will you fanboys realize that ONE game doesn't do jackshit for system sales.

Come on, you buy consoles based on what games you want to play, so system sales is a direct result of game choice. Someone just posted here that they bought an Xbox just to play Halo 2...And I bet a ton of people will buy a 360 just to play Halo 3.

And here comes Xbox 360:

http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGHPHGNPHd11151029

It's a prediction, but sounds like it will happen to me...

Again, I was disputing your claim that Xbox KO'd the PS2, yet instead of refuting the FACTS I presented, you instead decide to post a prediction (aka. OPINION) of what will happen in 5 years :rolleyes:

If you don't believe that Halo 3 will be a massive hit, then I'm just going to say that you're retarded...

See the green text above if you want to see who's being the "retarded" one here. Please show me where I said the Halo 3 wouldn't be a big hit. Again, one game doesn't affect the overall market landscape

So you're saying it's bad to be a fan of certain consoles? Ok, it's like AMD and Intel...just because you have one or think one is better than the other doesn't make you a fan boy. It's all opinion. And my opinion is that Xbox 360 will be a bigger hit than the PS3, partially due to Halo 3.

And as I said before, "I just want it to be clear that my post was refuting what Makaveli naively stated, and I was not declaring the PS3 the winner." If you want to declare the 360 the winner, that's fine...that's your opinion, but when you talk about the past and you make ridiculously inaccurate statements, I'm going to call you out on it because we don't need one's fanboy naivety seeping into the head of other fanboys.

Come on, you buy consoles based on what games you want to play, so system sales is a direct result of game choice. Someone just posted here that they bought an Xbox just to play Halo 2...And I bet a ton of people will buy a 360 just to play Halo 3.

Sure there will be people who buy the 360 simply because they want to play Halo 3, but guess what? Those are clearly fans of the Halo series, which means they're Xbox owners. In order for MS to overthrow Sony, they need to draw in people that are NOT current Xbox owners...In other words, if you think Halo 3 is going to help MS win the console war, you're sadly mistaken.

Wow, ClayMeow, thanks for getting angry over opinions...I posted which I thought was the better console, and why, and you jumped on my case by disputing my opinion (Xbox KO'd PS2 is opinion, no?) which is fine, but then you preceded to call anyone who liked Xbox 360 or PS3 a fanboy. Or someone who said they like Xbox 360 better because they have an Xbox? Hmm, you have AMD, so does that make you a fanboy for AMD? Don't answer these questions, I'm don't want to read what you have to say, I've heard what you think, and I respect your opinion.

Wow, ClayMeow, thanks for getting angry over opinions...I posted which I thought was the better console, and why, and you jumped on my case by disputing my opinion (Xbox KO'd PS2 is opinion, no?)

Umm, no. You stated that as FACT, which is what Clay was trying to disprove. He wasn't "getting on your case" or calling you names, but rather, simply pointing out factual inaccuracies in your post.

Here's the quote he was trying to disprove in case you've forgotten

Playstation 3 will get K.O.ed just like PS2 did...END of story

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not, however, entitled to spew forth non-truths as "fact"

i would like to say iv played both and either you liked the xbox or the ps2 and thats what it comes down to. the great games only on playstation vs the great games on the xbox simply as that.

the graphic point of view the ps3 wins but games for the 360 are second wave so they run at 1080i while the ps3 1st wave most are only 720p.

now online i would like to say the live arcade is loads of fun but its costly and the fun of the 360 comes mostly in mutiplayer so far in all the games iv played so unless you willing to spend 50$ a month the ps3 is better b/c its FREE.

HDD space i would say its iffy b/c its not really needed but greatly used if you have it for demos. the 360 can only usally hold about 6-7 demo than the 20gb is filled which kinda sucks while the ps3 takes a while to fill up plus you can switch it out with ANY notebook HDD WITHOUT voiding the warrenty :).

now for HD viewing puting the blu-ray and HD-dvd to the side on the 360 side your'll always stuck with componet or VGA cable and for the ps3 componet or HDMI/DVI now that looks a whole lot sharper when viewin on the 42inch LCD than a VGA or componet i must say.

now blu-ray and HD-dvd both support 7.1 while i have 6.1/5.1 most dont have that high so it doesnt matter. coming down to that HD-dvd is an addon and not inside within a year it would be cheaper to get a standalone i think. for blu-ray its the same as the ps2 with dvds in the sense that once all these standalones come out cheaper its a smarter option so both blu-ray and hd-dvd are pointless but blu-ray is built into the ps3.

if i think of more i'll post it.

anyways people need to pick up COD3 for either console that game ROCKS

Thanks a lot! Maybe if I spent all my day looking into actual statistics I could have done better, but eh, I don't have that kind of time.

great attitude, you get called on your bluff...you have nothing to fall back on...so you are reduced to belittling clay for proving you wrong.

well played sir...well played

the graphic point of view the ps3 wins but games for the 360 are second wave so they run at 1080i while the ps3 1st wave most are only 720p.

now online i would like to say the live arcade is loads of fun but its costly and the fun of the 360 comes mostly in mutiplayer so far in all the games iv played so unless you willing to spend 50$ a month the ps3 is better b/c its FREE.

now for HD viewing puting the blu-ray and HD-dvd to the side on the 360 side your'll always stuck with componet or VGA cable and for the ps3 componet or HDMI/DVI now that looks a whole lot sharper when viewin on the 42inch LCD than a VGA or componet i must say.

anyways people need to pick up COD3 for either console that game ROCKS

:sigh: So much disinformation, where do I begin?

I'll start from the beginning. For starters, Xbox360 games are all designed to run at 720p though yes, the option for 1080i is also available. However, you should keep in mind that 720p is actually better quality than 1080i for the simple fact that a progressive image will always look better than an interlaced one. There is quite a bit of information out there that will get into the technical details to prove this.

Second point: where did you get the notion that Xbox Live costs 50 bucks a month? Last I checked (and by checked, I mean whip out my credit card and pay for) it only costs $7.99 a month, $19.99 for three months, and $49.99 for an entire year. You got the amount right, but the subscription length wrong. Also, people have complained about the Sony version of online gaming as it isn't centralized like Xbox Live is. Multiplayer will depend upon each individual developer, so you'll have the same experience as on a PC (though even PCs have centralized options). This may not seem like a big deal, but is a total nightmare for people who just want to start up their console and start playing. Troubleshooting why a console won't connect to a server isn't exactly something console owners spent $600 for.

Your third point about HDMI cables being superior to VGA cables. It's just not true. As you may have read earlier in this thread, VGA cables are just as capable of displaying a high resolution 1080p signal (I would hope so seeing as how they've been used for the same or higher resolutions on PC monitors). You should also read up on the links I posted about HDMI. It's benefit is actually more for content providers than the consumer. It's pretty much a physical manifestation of DRM designed for next-gen optical technology (i.e. HD-DVD and Blu Ray)

Finally, your last point. COD3 is only a decent game. I personally found COD2 to be MUCH better. COD3 seems to have much more bugs in it, not to mention the multiplayer screen is absolutely horrid in comparison to COD2. COD3 doesn't preview maps before selecting them like COD2 did, and the options are much less streamlined. Also, the character select needs a lot of work. I don't mind playing with classes, but the implementation in the game is pretty bad, more so with split screen multiplayer.

Point one response: 720p is better than 1080i but the ps3 displays games at 1080p not 1080i like the 360 :)

point two response: i got the price wrong yes but atlest ps3 is free right out of the box and playing great games like COD3 and Resistance without paying extra on top of the $60 price tag is smart move on sonys part. i pick up gears of war and realize yeah i can play split screen co-op but i rather play 24player Unreal battles but than i realize hey wait i have to spend another $50 a year for this..

Point three response: is comes down to VGA is analog and HDMI/DVI is digital. if you have a CRT Tv than than VGA is fine for you. if you have a digital display hence LCD, Plasama, DLPs you want DVI so your picture will not be blurry. like right now if i switch my Viewsonic LCD to analog input everthing will have a slight blurr, the response time should be the same the display rez of 1440x900 should be the same but i like a non blurry image for a $200 LCD and i would think people who own a big LCD TV would want the same to.

Finally COD3 rocks and its better than COD2 and blows it out of the water with 24player online is loads of fun. you can have a buddy without xbox live join kinda like halo 2 did. single player is really hard but i need a challenge as i beat COD2 on vederan within a week of the game coming out. as for the bugs yes there WERE bugs but the second you get online there all patched up and it was still fun buggy.

your almost like my freind beacause hes all mad he has spend over $2,000 on his 360 to find out the ps3 may just be better.

I would say buy PS3 because they have more popular titles than the 360. This is if you have the money for a PS3 if not get a 360.

PS3 games list: (games that I like, there maybe other good ones also)

FF13

GT4 or GTHD

MSG4

GTA4

I think 360 will only have two main good games. Halo 3 and Gears of Wars. Same as the Xbox and Halo 2. I have friends who only bought a Xbox and 360 just for the Halo series. As for PS2 and PS3 they have multiple gaming titles that have been very successful.