Sign in to follow this  
trey

Xbox 360 Or Ps3?

That's such a naive comment on so many levels...where to begin? :rolleyes:

I'll make it quick...

1. Halo was a great Console shooter, but holds nothing over PC shooters. It was popular simply because it was on a console...if it was a PC game first it would never have gained any ground.

2. Speaking of shooters and Gears of War, just about every review you read/watch agrees on one point...the game would be so much better on a PC, 1) because of aiming, 2) because they stack so many controls onto just one button.

3. Xbox never K.O'd the PS2, keep dreaming.

So true, Clay. But like I said before, give it some time and wait. Sony might resolve the upscaling issues in 6 months, they might not. Better games might come out for all the consoles, they might not. Anyone claiming that one console is superior to another is completely blind. There is no doubt that some consoles have greater potential than others but that's like saying that your car COULD go faster than mine...it means nothing.

This arguement will be repeated at every console launch ad infinitum so how about we end it here? Well for us at OCC at least...and techincally that's one word and a number :P

In my opintion blu ray is just going to become a useless addon... (ducks). Just because the disk holds more space ect doesnt mean anything.

Then why is MS coming out with HD-DVD in the first place? Game developers will be able to pack much more content onto a blu-ray (or HD-DVD) disc So that means more cars/characters/levels/higher quality textures...etc etc for the games

And what happines happens when hd dvd comes out on top with the new movie format?

O really? Is that why the majority of major movie studios have chosen to back blu-ray? (according to the latest issue of Popular Science Magazine)

also... http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/

Seven of the eight major movie studios have already announced titles for Blu-ray, including Warner, Paramount, Fox, Disney, Sony, MGM and Lionsgate.

but i'm sure hd-dvd will come out on top :rolleyes:

Well that makes that addon obsoleat(SP) obsolete. Kinda explans explains why microsoft didnt have the hd dvd player itagrated integrated with the 360. Now im rambleing rambling :P

and regarding the upscaler on PS3...

http://www.overclockersclub.com/?read=6464182

im sure there are A LOT of people who do not have a hdtv (plasma tvs are trash imo) so i really dont care if the 370 and ps3 can do those resolutions for now. im going with the ps3, zomg, why? the games that are coming out. almost all the games i have for my xbox got boring after a while and i dont want to pay for xbox live when i can game online for free with my ps2 and computer. like kash stated and it cannot be proven wrong, the library of games can make and break any console including pc (not like pc will ever have problems :) )

sure, gears of war is like the game that makes me feel that i must have a 360, just one game alone will not be justifiable to get the 360. hell ive been pretty darn happy with my xbox, ps2 and most importantly, my pc. for now untill i see more great games than just GoW, i wont see myself getting a 360 anytime soon. and as for sony, ill just wait a bit for the ps3 (perhaps if rumors are true, the newer models will have bluetooth).

pretty much to me, pc>ps3>ps2>xbox>xbox360. :P

PC's for me.

360 has the most out for it now, but like everyone else is suggesting, give it some time, its not like the PS3 will instantly match the 360 in quantity and number of games doesn't even matter, its quality. AND even then, most manufactures are no longer making console exclusive games. The ease of making games for more than one console and the explosive profits from diversifying like that have made more and more do dual/try console releases. So it boils down to preference, which looks better, quality, and can you really justify that much money for either of them? I'm sure you wouldn't want the crappy 360 or the "crappy" PS3 right?

So true, Clay. But like I said before, give it some time and wait.
I just want it to be clear that my post was refuting what Makaveli naively stated, and I was not declaring the PS3 the winner. If I had to choose one console right now, I'd choose the PS3 because I like it's potential more, but it's too early for anyone to declare winners. Sony knows this, so does MS.

I think next year will be a lot better for Sony than people think. There are many people that are waiting to buy the PS3, whether it be for monetary reasons, not trusting initial releases and waiting for bugs to be hammered out, waiting for a larger selection of games, or waiting for 1080p HDTVs to come down in price.

sure, gears of war is like the game that makes me feel that i must have a 360, just one game alone will not be justifiable to get the 360.

It should be noted that there are rumors that GoW will be coming to the PC. Leaked photographs advertising Windows Live Anywhere initiative clearly showed GoW retail boxes for the PC displayed with other games and the Windows logo. Again, this is speculative, as I don't believe MS has confirmed a PC version (obviously, why would they right now when they're trying to push the 360 versions out the door)...but it makes complete sense because of what I stated above in reason "2."

It should be noted that there are rumors that GoW will be coming to the PC. Leaked photographs advertising Windows Live Anywhere initiative clearly showed GoW retail boxes for the PC displayed with other games and the Windows logo. Again, this is speculative, as I don't believe MS has confirmed a PC version (obviously, why would they right now when they're trying to push the 360 versions out the door)...but it makes complete sense because of what I stated above in reason "2."

I think Bill Gates shot down those rumors and said it was going to stay an xbox exclusive but who knows... stuff like thats been said before and has turned out to just be a coverup.

fanboy alert!

I'm definitely a fanboy.... for PC games. I wouldn't give two rat turds for console games anymore. If I was forced to pick between an xbox or a ps3 right now, it would be an xbox. I've always liked the xbox's controller interface better than the playstation's, plus the xbox is cheaper right now. For the little gain I've seen out of a ps3, I will never spend $600 for one. Perhaps when they get down to the $150 range, I'll consider it, but for the time being I'll stick with my far superior PC games, and let the console kiddies duke it out.

I'm definitely a fanboy.... for PC games. I wouldn't give two rat turds for console games anymore. If I was forced to pick between an xbox or a ps3 right now, it would be an xbox. I've always liked the xbox's controller interface better than the playstation's, plus the xbox is cheaper right now. For the little gain I've seen out of a ps3, I will never spend $600 for one. Perhaps when they get down to the $150 range, I'll consider it, but for the time being I'll stick with my far superior PC games, and let the console kiddies duke it out.

LIES! You know you would give two rat turds for a console game :bah:

That's such a naive comment on so many levels...where to begin? :rolleyes:

I'll make it quick...

1. Halo was a great Console shooter, but holds nothing over PC shooters. It was popular simply because it was on a console...if it was a PC game first it would never have gained any ground.

2. Speaking of shooters and Gears of War, just about every review you read/watch agrees on one point...the game would be so much better on a PC, 1) because of aiming, 2) because they stack so many controls onto just one button.

3. Xbox never K.O'd the PS2, keep dreaming.

"'Gears' Demand Second Only to 'Halo 2'" -- biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14329

PS2 has no game that comes CLOSE to Halo 2. Sure Grand Theft Auto, but Halo 2 shadows that by the tens of thousands of players world wide who play on Xbox Live daily. Mark my words, when Halo 3 comes out, everything else will not be able to keep up.

"'Gears' Demand Second Only to 'Halo 2'" -- biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14329

PS2 has no game that comes CLOSE to Halo 2. Sure Grand Theft Auto, but Halo 2 shadows that by the tens of thousands of players world wide who play on Xbox Live daily. Mark my words, when Halo 3 comes out, everything else will not be able to keep up.

WoW can :lol: