Sign in to follow this  
trey

Xbox 360 Or Ps3?

Hey, like I said before, I wasn't arguing against VGA's ability to display a 1080p signal. What I was getting at is the digital restrictions in place on next-gen high-def optical media preventing a VGA cable from being used.

I'm still a bit skeptical that 1080p will be achieved without a HDMI or DVI cable unless Microsoft figured out a way to get HDCP to work via VGA.

...I'm still a bit skeptical that 1080p will be achieved without a HDMI or DVI cable unless Microsoft figured out a way to get HDCP to work via VGA.

I think we will find this out VERY shortly. M$ has released a new xbox live dash update that enables 1080p.

I just hope its not an up converted 720p (if thats possible). Also some information on xbox-scene.com

And here from the xbox website.

All the updates

Look at that first line... this is where I'm confused:

"New Features

* HD 1080p video mode support over VGA and component cables."

like I said.... we shall find out soon enough.

I think we will find this out VERY shortly. M$ has released a new xbox live dash update that enables 1080p.

I just hope its not an up converted 720p (if thats possible). Also some information on xbox-scene.com

And here from the xbox website.

All the updates

Look at that first line... this is where I'm confused:

"New Features

* HD 1080p video mode support over VGA and component cables."

like I said.... we shall find out soon enough.

This should explain it all

To HDMI or not

If I were you, I'd wait until about summer of 07 to pick. The 360 just now started getting good games(IMO, DON'T ARGUE) and the PS3 launch titles, although beautiful, leave something to be desired. Give 'em some time to pick up more steam and then pick a console. Oh and I read somewhere that you can install certain OS's on the PS3. I'll look for the article but just image running an OS(lets say Ubuntu, my favorite linux distro) from your PS3 and playing PC games on it(I'm doubting if this will be possible but someone will find a way...). It would be the equivalent of a budget gaming rig except at a much higher performance level! And you can fold on it!

Edit: Here's a link to an article about it. Link

Edit: Just realized how old that article is but it still holds true...I'll look for a more recent one.

Edit: So many corrections in so little time...forget the article, here's a vid of it in action!

Edited by iKillSteal

Im kinda looking into just turning my pc into just enterntainment without the gaming and it seems that only time is gona tell what concole is going to come out on top. And can you even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. Personaly i think this argument is null and void sence that is not going to show how good the games are going to be. I personally wasnt impressed with the ps3's graphics when i went to best buy.

In my opintion blu ray is just going to become a useless addon... (ducks). Just because the disk holds more space ect doesnt mean anything. And what happines when hd dvd comes out on top with the new movie format? Well that makes that addon obsoleat(SP). Kinda explans why microsoft didnt have the hd dvd player itagrated with the 360. Now im rambleing :P

Xbox 360 for sure. There is a 2 word reason: Halo 3. Halo 3 will absolutely blow everything that Playstation 3 has to offer out of the water (Just like Halo 2 did!!). There are soooo many Halo 2 players out there and when Halo 3 comes, BAM! it's over. Playstation 3 will get K.O.ed just like PS2 did...END of story

Xbox 360 for sure. There is a 2 word reason: Halo 3. Halo 3 will absolutely blow everything that Playstation 3 has to offer out of the water (Just like Halo 2 did!!). There are soooo many Halo 2 players out there and when Halo 3 comes, BAM! it's over. Playstation 3 will get K.O.ed just like PS2 did...END of story

I'm a Halo fan. I bought the Xbox just for Halo. It was the only game I played for the system when I decided to spend $250. I waited in front of Gamestop for 4 hours to get Halo 2. But even I think that it's a bit premature to say something like that. All we've seen so far is a few screens and some movies.

But there's still a good reason to get a 360: Gears of War :D

i can.. every PS3 i have tried out in stores, has reset after crashing.. its too new.. bugs need to be worked out.. just like the 360.. but the 360 is more stable as of right now

For me it's a no brainer to just screw the console and upgrade my pc. I mean for the $600 it would take for me to get the ps3 I could get two x1950pros and a raptor for my OS drive with a good amount of change left. But If I had to pick I would probably go the Wii and out of the choices presented by the OP the xbox360

Has the ps3's lack of upscaling been mentioned? I read somewhere that sony couldnt confirm that they were going to be able to fix the issue via a firmware update because the console doesnt come with the proper hardware that would be needed to fix it. :bah:

W00t, i guess sony was serious when they said anything other than 1080p wasnt HD. :closedeyes:

That's such a naive comment on so many levels...where to begin? :rolleyes:

I'll make it quick...

1. Halo was a great Console shooter, but holds nothing over PC shooters. It was popular simply because it was on a console...if it was a PC game first it would never have gained any ground.

2. Speaking of shooters and Gears of War, just about every review you read/watch agrees on one point...the game would be so much better on a PC, 1) because of aiming, 2) because they stack so many controls onto just one button.

3. Xbox never K.O'd the PS2, keep dreaming.