Sign in to follow this  
trey

Xbox 360 Or Ps3?

Ok, so i went to the Gears of War (X360) preview the other day, and im pretty convinced that im getting an 360 now

however, my ps3 friends keep telling me that x360 is gonna be obsolete in 5 months anyway so why waste 400$ when you could get a much better console for 600$

whats the best

X360 or PS3?

You can't really get an objective answer to that question seeing as how the PS3 release is still a couple of weeks away. Most of the answers you'll get are probably going to go like this:

Xbox360 fanboy: Get the Xbox360. PS3 is gonna suck!!!

Playstation fanboy: Get the PS3. The Xbox360 sucks!!

PC fanboy (majority of OCC members): Dude, consoles suck!! PC gaming is the roxors!!1!

However, as for your friend's comment about the 360 being "obsolete" in 5 months. Plain and simple answer: your friend is a moron. Based on just a technical viewpoint, the 360 and PS3 are pretty well stacked against each other.

Only time will tell which console is better. In the end, what makes a console great isn't it's performance, but rather its game library. There are many examples which prove this. Take the Xbox and PS2 for example. The former had better graphics than the latter, but it was the PS2 that was far better simply because it had more and better games. A console's graphic abilities are no indication of its success.

From my view, I wouldn't get a XBOX because it really just is a PC that is mainly for gaming, so I'd rather stick to my PC. I'm a PS fan, so I'm going to get the PS3.

ive never really been impressed with xbox besides the ability to easily mod it. which wasnt something microsoft wanted.

ive liked ps since it came out in 95, and i dont have any doubts on ps3. we have waited for so long. im feel confident we wont be let down :)

ok ok.... I have a 360 and I also want a ps3.

The real choice for you is to get the one YOU want.

Xbox (premium)- $400

ps3- $600

xbox hd-dvd addon... $200

so they will both cost around $600 (if you get the hd-dvd addon)

and come on... $600 for a blu-ray player thats a steal in itself! (for now)

So anyone who trys to tell you the ps3 is a waste of money should really think twice.

specs on the ps3 look better than the 360 (although that can be argued)

but it's really up to the developers as to if you will get the eye candy.

Ps3 can handle 1080p while 360 can only go up to 720p... or 1080i.

If a developer of a game is making it multiconsole, they might just make their game support 720p and not worry about the extra res the ps3 can handle.

So my last comment (before I totally get nailed for everything wrong with my post) is to pick the console in which you have seen yourself liking the titles. Ex:

Metal gear solid.... ps3

Halo......xbox 360

I love my 360 as well as my ps2 I'm not a fan boy of ms or sony...

I'm a fan of gaming :)

Edited by BoyBandsMustDie

microsoft is releasing an update to the 360 to support 1080p in the near future. also, remember that you have to have a tv which supports this to use it anyway. Not everyone has this.

microsoft is releasing an update to the 360 to support 1080p in the near future. also, remember that you have to have a tv which supports this to use it anyway. Not everyone has this.

Actually, that update has to do with the HD-DVD addon, it has no effect on the games as they will still be in 720P or 1080i.

However, here's the fun part about that little announcement. 1080p requires an HDMI cable as component cables can't carry a 1080p signal (has more to do with the DRM infected HD-DVD than technical capabilities). The Xbox360 only supports component cables. See the problem?

From my view, I wouldn't get a XBOX because it really just is a PC that is mainly for gaming, so I'd rather stick to my PC. I'm a PS fan, so I'm going to get the PS3.

Ummm the PS3 is much more like a computer than the 360. One example is the web browser on the ps3.

Ok, so i went to the Gears of War (X360) preview the other day, and im pretty convinced that im getting an 360 now

however, my ps3 friends keep telling me that x360 is gonna be obsolete in 5 months anyway so why waste 400$ when you could get a much better console for 600$

whats the best

X360 or PS3?

They'll both be obsolete in 5 months. PC's are already at the 360 level and in 5 months time PC's will begin the dx10 revolution. You wanna play games sitting on your couch with a few friends, you get a console. Performance doesn't matter, you go by what games you want to play. True gamers play on the PC, and THAT is where performance matters, and where the performance crown will always lie.