Looking For A New Gpu

swifty11212

ok i guess its finally time to start to find a replacement for my 7800gtx cards. well the best solution i want is the 7900gtx sli, problem is price. the 7900gto sli is good too but the problem is the memory and is just really a 7900gtx that cant run as its rated speeds... as for sli 7950gt, i dunno...

*p.s. i am not interested in the 7950gx2*

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, x1950pro/xtx? other than that... the only thing i can see is a 7900gt/gtx

Why though? both won't give you that much of a boost tho :P

they cant do crossfire on a nvidia board. it will give me a performance boost that i will notice @ 1600x1200 compared to my 7800gtx for games like quake 4, doom3, and f.e.a.r :) and my future new lcd monitor for even higher res gaming.

the 7900gto is a steal at $250. Many have reported to be able to oc the memory back up to gtx speeds as well. Keep in mind that many of them will still operate as a full functional gtx.

several have already died after running full gtx memory speeds after a few hours or days, i still think the gto is good, just have the core @ 700 and maybe the mem @ 700, i really wouldnt need to overclock the gto since its faster than what i have heh.

ok i guess its finally time to start to find a replacement for my 7800gtx cards. well the best solution i want is the 7900gtx sli, problem is price. the 7900gto sli is good too but the problem is the memory and is just really a 7900gtx that cant run as its rated speeds... as for sli 7950gt, i dunno...

*p.s. i am not interested in the 7950gx2*

Why no interest in the 7950gx2? They OC great...

Why no interest in the 7950gx2? They OC great...

i have a sli board, and i want to make sure its used, really no purpose in me in having a sli board if im not using sli. yes i know the gx2 runs in sli but i mean actually using up the two slots. ill keep in looking at various cards though. but for now my 7800gtx is working, so ill hold off for a bit.