School Bans Tag, Other Chase Games

sdy284

But then they have to ban pencils, pens, and other writing utencils! They're far too sharp for children to use! Oh we just have to get rid of paper too, you can get sliced by paper! Oh and we can't have stairs, you could trip! Get rid of lockers, you could slam your fingers in them. Oh and we mustn't allow any sort of electrical appliances, you could get shocked. So we need a new lighting source! Can't use candles, you'll get burned. Can't go outside, the sun will burn your eyes!

Ugh, why not ban everything. You could hurt someone with the bottom of a plastic spoon if you really tried hard enough. Just pad the entire craping building and everything and everyone in it with pillows. Oh wait, then we have the issue of suffocation...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the heck?!?! Wow :blink:

There are only a few vivid memories I have of elementary school, but playing tag in 5th grade every recess is one of them (we had one of the best wooden playgrounds ever).

Funnily enough, during the last week of school, we were playing our usual game of tag, this time with some additional people than normal because we had a special extended recess due to school ending. One of the kids jumped off a platform and landed on this piece of wood that had a nail sticking up....it went right throw his foot. lol. They didn't take tag away, but I think shortly after that they got rid of the wood structures and replaced it with plastic/metal. I was outta there by then though.

haha, i actually have a scar about half an inch long at the end of one of my eyebrows from when me and another kid were playing tag and were running around some sheds (where sports equipment was stored) and we ran around the corner into each other really hard and almost knocked each other out! :lol:

then we were lying on the floor going "ooooww! my head aarg haha" and had cuts in almost the same place and were bleeding... we had to go to hospital and have x-rays and stitches...

see now, i wouldn't have had all that fun if they banned tag :lol:

man that was a funny day...

hmm

so no tag huh?

I wonder is recess soccer (football) will be next? It seems that things that involve runnig are bad for you...

:lol:

[offtopic]

back at my elementary school be used to have woods that the kids could play in. about halfway through 4th grade the woods got fenced in. had something to do with safty or some such. i did not understand that at the time. For my prespictave it was like: get a scrape, get a band ade, life is good..

[/offtopic]

hmm

so no tag huh?

I wonder is recess soccer (football) will be next? It seems that things that involve runnig are bad for you...

:lol:

[offtopic]

back at my elementary school be used to have woods that the kids could play in. about halfway through 4th grade the woods got fenced in. had something to do with safty or some such. i did not understand that at the time. For my prespictave it was like: get a scrape, get a band ade, life is good..

[/offtopic]

lol. we had woods on my elementary school grounds as well, but people didn't often run thru them because there were rumors about dead bodies buried there. lol

So when winter comes and the snow falls instead of playing "King of the mountain" I guess the kids will have to play "Queen of the fountain".

This is so retarded it actually has me ticked off. :angry: