Sign in to follow this  
Mister_Webmaster

Ps3 And Wii

Guest Fried_fry

Im going out tonight to see if i can get a pre-order for a PS3 and possibley a Wii if they have any left cuz pre-orders started yesterday!

Yeah the Grand Tourismo sereis are amazing so thats one main reasion I want a PS3

Edited by Fried_fry

im DEFINATELY getting a wii.

Look at the advancements between the xbox and the 360, and the ps2 and the ps3. What exactly are the improvements?

Better graphics and faster console.... (not counting multimedia capabilities, im talking about gaming here).

As far as gameplay, the new consoles are just like the old ones, in pretty much every way. Do better graphics add anything to the gameplay? No. Was ff7 good despite the bad graphics? Hell yes.

.'. wii > xbox360 > ps3

:withstupid: I'm getting a Wii because it looks fun and would be great when people are over. The main advantages to the 360 and PS3 are the graphics...now I'm no expert, but for $400-600 I'm pretty sure that I can get a new graphics card for my computer, a controller, and a few games and have better graphics than either of the 2 consoles.

im DEFINATELY getting a wii.

Look at the advancements between the xbox and the 360, and the ps2 and the ps3. What exactly are the improvements?

Better graphics and faster console.... (not counting multimedia capabilities, im talking about gaming here).

As far as gameplay, the new consoles are just like the old ones, in pretty much every way. Do better graphics add anything to the gameplay? No. Was ff7 good despite the bad graphics? Hell yes.

.'. wii > xbox360 > ps3

I see what your getting at with that argument, except new consoles aren't like old consoles in terms of gameplay. Sure you have the same amount of buttons, but power does influence gameplay. I challenge you to make Gears of War for N64 and still contain all the same features, just with crappy graphics. Couldn't happen. Yah I'm really excited about the Wii as well, but I think I'll wait until my birthday to see how it is doing. I heard the controller lags from a few of my friends that have played it.

IMO, Wii is just a fad. People are going to tire of the wand and realize they're just stuck with subpar gaming platform. Smash Bros is the only good game that'll still be good without the controller gimmick.

And I read some more disappointing wii news today... the cursor isn't line of site, say like the light gun on NES. It's setup like a mouse, so when you play DUck Hunt you can't hold it like a gun and aim like that. Its like a mouse, the sensitivity is different so you may only move your controler an inch, but on the screen it will move 6 inches. Lame. LAME!

did anyone go to the gamestop afterhours event for Gears of War(X360)?

if so, you would realize that the wii will be worthless in comparison to GoW

there isn't a ps3 game or a wii game that can rival it.