Do You Carry Around A Knife On A Daily Basis?

Vasto

Do you carry around a knife on a daily basis?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry around a knife on a daily basis?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • No, only my trustee Samurai sword.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see? this is what I'm talking about. Kids these days <_< Unbelievable....hey fire_storm? isn't there some homework you should be doin? or maybe some studying? I'm sure there is much more important things to do other than "planning" or studying attack methods :rolleyes: ...or whatever. Sheesh...

Furthermore, if this thread continues to sway into the area I think it might? well.....ya know :rolleyes:

You see? this is what I'm talking about. Kids these days <_< Unbelievable....hey fire_storm? isn't there some homework you should be doin? or maybe some studying? I'm sure there is much more important things to do other than "planning" or studying attack methods :rolleyes: ...or whatever. Sheesh...

Furthermore, if this thread continues to sway into the area I think it might? well.....ya know :rolleyes:

:withstupid:

Of all the people I know that carry knives, they carry them for utility purposes, not for "cutting somebody up"

I would say the same about most of the members who carry knives in this thread. They carry them for their utilitarian purpose, not for fighting.

Honestly, fire_storm.... grow up :glare:

i used to have to carry a knife around.

i'd like to see half of those seafood knives cut through 2.5" of marine rope when it has compacted, stretched and melted sometimes...lol. we had to have a good blade to cut through LIGHTNING fast in emergencies. they were not branded - think a local guy made them or something to that effect. about a 5" blade or so.

otherwise, it is against the law here to carry a "concealed" weapon, ie/ any knife apart from a swiss army :lol: ironic as the blades are concealed!

wow, when they were handing out logical thoughts, were you hiding behind the door?

knife = tool. tool can be used for cutting, prying, digging, and even in the case of mine a hammer. it can also be used as a weapon.

gun = weapon. can't be used for much of anything else.

sure a knife can be taken away... but look how many trained police officers are shot and killed by thier own guns. and having grown up near detroit, and having been in some bad situations, the best weapon in any situation like that... it know what you're doing and keep aware of your surroundings.

oh and 2.5" of marine rope? not a problem. try cutting a tow strap some yahoo has got pulled so tight that thier precious jeep is actually dangling from it. and being one of those guys who used to break a field knife every summer on camping / fishing trips... the SOG Seal 2000 is the TOUGHEST field knife you'll find. it's seen more use and abuse than all my other knives combined over the last 8 years. simply an amazing TOOL.

I would say the same about most of the members who carry knives in this thread. They carry them for their utilitarian purpose, not for fighting.

AGREED

I need to get a multi-tool though, It seems that im always prying, unscrewing, chipping, and scraping things with my knife, which is primarily why it is extremely dull...

I use it mostly for fishing and since I have it with me al the time, pretty much anything that needs to be done...

Of all the people I know that carry knives, they carry them for utility purposes, not for "cutting somebody up"

Honestly, fire_storm.... grow up :glare:

I'm not always planning out how to use guns or knifes or what to do if someone attacks me. I was just saying those things from what I have seen and heard about. I was just saying if I had the choice I would rather carry a gun rather then a knife. But personal I will probably never carry around a gun or knife with me at all in my life. Its just not pratical to carry them around for self defense because there not allowed in public places even with a permit. Plus you will probably draw un-nessarty attention to yourself and it makes you look parniod and like a dangerous person. Its just not a good idea.

Also don't think its a good reason unless your at home or your job needs it to carry it around I mean what happends if you get pulled over by a cop and then searched you and finds a kife with you or walk into a store and it fall out of your pocket it can do more harm then good.

This shouldn't be such a big deal.

Also I thought the poll of carrying around a knife was about defensive perposes not just everyday use.

oh and 2.5" of marine rope? not a problem. try cutting a tow strap some yahoo has got pulled so tight that thier precious jeep is actually dangling from it. and being one of those guys who used to break a field knife every summer on camping / fishing trips... the SOG Seal 2000 is the TOUGHEST field knife you'll find. it's seen more use and abuse than all my other knives combined over the last 8 years. simply an amazing TOOL.

hence the "half of those pathetic (seafood - w-t-f?!) knives". The SOG Seal is in the other half, lol. too many carry knives as an extended manhood imo. bit pathetic.

Walk into a store and it fall out of your pocket it can do more harm then good.

I live in a town where if a knife fell out of your pocket someone would pick it up for you and hand it back without even thinking...

As for the cops, ive never been in a situation where I "let" them search me... :glare:

I wouldnt even think of carrying my knife for fighting purposes. The only knife that gets any use is my pocket sized one, its exremely helpful for camping and other related tasks. The bayonette in the green sheath sat on my belt for CAP until I realized it wasnt what I needed at all. The two bigger ones are now just conversation peices.

Edit* Although I find the smallest knife came be useful I would never carry into a public place where it could be viewed as inappropriate (school)

Edited by BlitzBomb

I mean what happends if you get pulled over by a cop and then searched you and finds a kife with you

Officer asks: is there anyhting i need to know about?

You reply: Yes officer, I have a knife in my right pocket.

Officer: thank you, is that all?

So what trouble did you get in to? Looks like none to me.

or walk into a store and it fall out of your pocket it can do more harm then good.

See next quote:

I live in a town where if a knife fell out of your pocket someone would pick it up for you and hand it back without even thinking...

I'll take a pic of my "usual" knives later, dont really want to go to the truck and get the other one atm :)