Antec Vs Ocz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I would pick the OCZ. They have some really amazing power supplies that have gotten rave reviews from everyone who has bought one.

In fact, Antec has recently been plagued with a series of issues mainly stemming from low quality capacitors in their power supplies. Their quality has dropped somewhat in the past year.

I suggest going with the OCZ if you want a reliable PSU that can handle anything you throw at it.

Actually, I would pick the OCZ. They have some really amazing power supplies that have gotten rave reviews from everyone who has bought one.

In fact, Antec has recently been plagued with a series of issues mainly stemming from low quality capacitors in their power supplies. Their quality has dropped somewhat in the past year.

I suggest going with the OCZ if you want a reliable PSU that can handle anything you throw at it.

:withstupid::withstupid:

the OCZ PSU's are really good actually. I'd definately pick the OCZ over the Antec...and I have an Antec PSU!

Opinions please

ANTEC 550 Watt Power Supply TruePower 2.0

OR

OCZ GameXStream 600W Watt SLI-Ready

What is better?

i have that antec and it lasted all of 6 months if that long so i would stay away from it if i were you

I just read a very lengthy review of psu's from 10 major brandnames and it was quite interesting as I was looking at purchasing the OCZ until I discovered it failed the tests they ran

The most stable and efficient PSU that they could recommend was the Seasonic S12-600HT 600W ATX12V 20/24 Pin V2.0 Active PFC Power Supply

I've heard they have now completed a revision of this product and it now comes with braided cables also and the cable length was also measured in the tests

this one was very impressive

If its the review I think he thinking about then Its the one where they use some high tech gear to test about 10 different psu's, they test the the amperage, voltage, stability and sine of all the lines (rails) at varying loads and whatnot.

I couldnt find the review though... :closedeyes: