Sign in to follow this  
oldfett

Decisions Decisions

Well I have to go in soon and install new hard drives in my brothers and Girl friends machine, but while I am in there I am thinking about upgrading. My brother is running a P4 2.4Ghz baseline cpu with 1Gb of ram (one DDR 400 the other DDR 333) and a very simple agp card. The girlfriend is running a baseline celeron 2.0 Ghz with 512Mb of ram (DDR 333) and no card. Now my brother does some (very little) gaming but other than that just the average computer use. The girlfriend does just average computer use but being in college that may step up a bit I am not sure. So my question is after all of this, is it worth upgrading or should I wait a bit? If I should go with an upgrade what should it be? Now to get it out of the way I am not wealthy so it will be on a tight budget.

Thanks for the help!

You are fine with your current setup. It will do you well. I see no reason for you to upgrade. Besides, what do you do with your PC that you are not able to do smoothly?

umm... I didnt ask about my system I dont think, unless I didnt say something correctly?