Windows Vista

HomerJaySimpson

I just installed Vista RC1 on a different partition on my windows xp drive and i don't get a bootloader, just straight into vista. I know i can probably run the XP disc and repair, fixmbr fixboot, but will that wipe out vista too? I checked the startup options in Vista and it just has Vista listed, it's also drive C and XP is now showing as drive F although it was C before obviously. What can i do to get these to play nice together? I know i should've installed them on seperate drives but i didn't want to :blink:

• 1 month later...

I ran into the same problem with Vista RC1 and I did install on seperate drives. I got an app. called -

" VistaBootPRO 3.1.0 " - However I have not tried it with Vista yet because I un-installed Vista before I got it.

I've looked at it and it would seem to look for Vista as well as any other OS, Right now though I don't have the

free space to re-install and check it out. Worse still, I don't remember where I got it, but it should not be too

hard to find on line. Try it out and if it works well I would be interested to know. For I do intend to re-install.

Blue Magnetic Storm