Sign in to follow this  
bandwith

Systems List

I hate you all your fancy machines saying that you need to put to use that"spare barton" Grr...if only I wasn't saving up for a laptop for college.

I used to have a 1.8 (I think) GHZ P4 folding, but one time when I was sitting at the computer, it randomly restarted. I decided that I better let that computer rest for a while (it's a family computer). I have my barton 2800+ folding on and off (depending on temperature and if I feel it is slowing down any of my other tasks).

Soon to be folding:

Some P4 that I picked up because my neighbors were throwing it out. All it needs is a GFX card. And I have the other computer that I won in a folding contest at least a year ago that just needs a GFX card.

I had my 3700+ folding sometimes when I was gone/only surfing the net, but lets see when the X2 4400+ comes, one core folding all the time and the second for day-to-day use if that works. should be nice!

i don't get why some people only run folding when they're gone/surfing the net...the whole point of folding is that it takes up your spare CPU cycles.

Another program needs CPU power? no problem, it pulls it away from folding & no harm no foul.

Unless you're doing some mission critical task where every last second & fps counts, then running folding 24/7 really shouldn't interfear with whatever kind of tasks you're using your computer for

(and i'm not just talking to you king...im' talking to all the folders that do this)

:foldon:

YIKES. junk WU's coming out of there like no tomorrow :(

yea i'm getting small point WU's as well :(

i don't get why some people only run folding when they're gone/surfing the net...the whole point of folding is that it takes up your spare CPU cycles.

Another program needs CPU power? no problem, it pulls it away from folding & no harm no foul.

Unless you're doing some mission critical task where every last second & fps counts, then running folding 24/7 really shouldn't interfear with whatever kind of tasks you're using your computer for

(and i'm not just talking to you king...im' talking to all the folders that do this)

mhh, never really thought of that, I had folding starting when I fired my rig up, but I turned it off when I was doing anything intensive like games and stuff.... I'll try that sdy, lets see how it goes. and the 24/7 bit doesn't work for me, as I rarely leave my PC on @ night.

mhh, never really thought of that, I had folding starting when I fired my rig up, but I turned it off when I was doing anything intensive like games and stuff.... I'll try that sdy, lets see how it goes. and the 24/7 bit doesn't work for me, as I rarely leave my PC on @ night.

I always fold while gaming & i still get great fps ;)