Just Quit Wow

kingdingeling

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey video games are fine just as long as you have a good social life too... Everything is good in moderation and nothing is good in excess. WoW just seems to be a bigger waste of resources because it is so addicting and they charge you monthly for it on top of just buying the game, for me I felt obligated to spend as much time on it as I could because I was paying monthly. :blink: I just despise the game now because of how much time it took and all the things I could have been doing while I was playing WoW. :(

go to the movies $8-10 2hours

go out to dinner $20-40 1.5 hours

case of beer $10 4 hours

[edited by moderator]

play wow $15 100-160 hours+- over 30 days

you do the math. I hardly see 15$ as a waste of money when its over a full month period.

That's why I like Guild Wars. Spend the money once, and your good. I just picked up the game again after a few months of not playing. I will probably play for a little bit, then not play again for a while. I think that if I had WoW, I would feel obligated to play every chance I get because I would be paying for it monthly.

What about NFS:MW? That game is addicting as hell (super fun though).

Yea, that sounds like the best option so far... *goes and searches DVD*

yea, I'll reinstall that right now! thanks for reminding me of that much fun :D

... do you really have nothing to show for it? I hate it when people say things like this because if you had fun when you played it then you got what you paid for... everything does NOT need to have a lasting effect... take for instance going to a football game... some people pay upwards of 1000 dollars for tickets to some games and what do they get besides 4 hours of enjoyment? Nothing except a lighter wallet...

so are those wastes too?

No, but the point is you pay money for something u do alone, in front of a PC, if u go to the cinema/football match/ whatever, you do something with other people, which is more fun!

go to the movies $8-10 2hours

go out to dinner $20-40 1.5 hours

case of beer $10 4 hours

[edited by moderator]

play wow $15 100-160 hours+- over 30 days

you do the math. I hardly see 15$ as a waste of money when its over a full month period.

no, its the fact that you do it alone, doing stuff with other people is much more fun!

no, its the fact that you do it alone, doing stuff with other people is much more fun!

odd, I thought wow was an mmorpg (massive multiplayer) I play with my RL friends, about 6 of them. If we arnt disk golfing or rock climbing or going to school, we play wow. If my friends didnt play wow i prolly wouldnt either so I can see your point there.

Having a pal can make a crappy movie kinda fun, true, but still doesn't change the fact that you spent money on a crappy movie.

I'm not social by nature. It's just my "programming" so to speak. I've got friends but not a huge ring of them. Fine by me.

Like I said, BF2 was the best $50 I've ever spent. 400 hours (ranked and unranked) of sometimes entertainment, sometimes frustration, but in the end I've gotta say it was a far better spending of cash than the 9 bucks I spent on "The Date Movie".

• 1 month later...

:smacks DECwakeboarder:

Look at Company of Heroes...definitely the best single-player RTS experience ever. You may think "oh great, another WWII game", but they did it really well and I never knew an RTS can make you think/feel the way this game did...I thought that was reserved for FPS's.