Dead 3800+ @ 2.9

Gaz21

hey i thought my 3800+ was dead becus my pc keeps crashing so i thought ide take my take it for a spin. seeing as i was goin to get a new cpu. but got it to 2.94 at 1.58 v 310mhz x 9.5 well see for your self.

overclock2.jpg

but i cant get it to 3ghz ... i blue screen at 313mhz x9.5 with a HT x3 and 1.58 v

dual core 939 chips don't generally get up to 3GHz... to even get close, stably, is quite lucky imo...

2.9 GHz or so is the top end of the "average" oc for a manchester core...

as far as vcore goes, it's up to you... i run my toledo/denmark at 1.632v (cpu-z) which is closer to 1.69 at the socket... but i get 36-41

i havnt realy done any tests but i burn if i hit full loads for an hour 55c n it goes up. i read some where the manchesters are tosty at 50c but what the hell! ill stop at 60c i got it to 2.97 wooo but real hot.

i havnt realy done any tests but i burn if i hit full loads for an hour 55c n it goes up. i read some where the manchesters are tosty at 50c but what the hell! ill stop at 60c i got it to 2.97 wooo but real hot.

ouch.... even 55c is what my P4 Prescott (NOT OC'D) loads around :blink: seriously, i'd back off if i were you

well yeah but im goin to get a new cpu like in 3 days so.... as long as i keep my chip set a bit cooler ill be ok. @ 2.9 i get 55c load temp.

If you go nuts with this, your processor may not be the only thing needing replacement.....

Indeed your right. i might use my old parts and bump up the v's see what could happen.

just been runing 3D mark on my system.

with stock setings i got this.

3Dmark.jpg

and with a 30% oC with a 10mhz bump on the pci x 16. 260 x10 @ 1.39v

this is what i got

3Dmakeoverclocked.jpg

Edited by Gaz21