Sign in to follow this  
KaK37

Im A Noob - What Is Folding

sorry guys i am new to sum of this and ive sin alot of post in regards to "folding". Could some1 plz explain to me wot it means??

now I am pretty sure that's not what he meant... maybe more like what does folding do? and besides I am interested to know what is happening while my computer is "idle"

jeez...want me to hold your hand through this????

whoda thunk that an explanation of everything folding could be found on the folding homepage!??!? :glare:

Or maybe he doesn't visit the homepage like myself.

And decided to ask the helpful members here at the OCC what folding is? :bah:

Or maybe he doesn't visit the homepage like myself.

i linked to the official [email protected] homepage

http://folding.stanford.edu/

thats the homepage i was referring to & regardless if he doesn't visit the OCC homepage, the folding section of OCC was linked to as well (The Unforgivin's post)

Edited by sdy284

Yeah exactly he hasn't made a comment since being linked to the Folding homepage so maybe he is reading.

And just needed someone to point him in the right direction?

He has only posted once in this thread ffs!

None of those flags are necessary to successfully run folding. In fact, the -forcesse flag is no longer supported in the current versions of the software from Stanford. -advmethods simply tell Stanford you are willing to accept beta type proteins that are not generally available to the 'folding' public because they are still in test mode. -forceasm can be a helpful option to turn on because it tells the software to re-enable the optimization code in the software in case of a restart after an improper shutdown. Otherwise, it'll turn them off and the folding process will take much longer for the current work unit.

I generally use only the -forceasm flag.

Feel free to ask any more questions and someone will jump in with an answer for you. And remember :foldon:

ok, another quick question. How do I set it to forceasm if I am already in the process of doing a WU (or is it even possible to do it). Will I have to restart the console or even re-install?? still a newb at this and want to be as effecient as possible with my 1 rig.