Sign in to follow this  
wamason

Evga 7900gt Signature Series

I bought one of these from someone at another forum, and it's running fine. I'm just curious to see if anyone else is using one of these cards, and if they've had any problems with it? I've heard that some factory OC'd 7900GT's tend to crap out after a while, that's why I'm wondering. I'd also like to know some average temps other owners are getting, both at idle and load for the card. And, for anyone wanting to know, the performance is simply astounding, especially for the price I paid. :)

I bought one of these from someone at another forum, and it's running fine. I'm just curious to see if anyone else is using one of these cards, and if they've had any problems with it? I've heard that some factory OC'd 7900GT's tend to crap out after a while, that's why I'm wondering. I'd also like to know some average temps other owners are getting, both at idle and load for the card. And, for anyone wanting to know, the performance is simply astounding, especially for the price I paid. :)

You'll have better luck here.

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard...asp?FORUM_ID=36

I just wanna ask, why on earth did you buy that overpriced card when the regular one is just as good?

I just wanna ask, why on earth did you buy that overpriced card when the regular one is just as good?

For one he KNOWS it will run 600 core on the STOCK cooler, therefore giving a hihger chance of hitting clocks well above that with better cooling. I dont remember how eVGA's warranty works for a second owner, but the origional owner would have had priority RMA service with a signature series card (possibly a card shipped out the same day they reported a problem). He also said "for the price" that would make it seem that he got a deal in the card even compared to other 7900gts.

Personally I've got the KO SC version, it's just a signature series card that failed a test at the higher OC with the regular warranty (that isnt bad at all) Does wonderful 700 core OCs on water and didnt cost me but aroudn $10 more than a lower clocked version with the reference style cooler (i did run mine with air cooling for a month or two)

Now as for the "crapout" issue, the percentage with problems was low, but eVGA BFG and XFX all have no problems replacing a card that gives trouble and eVGA has adjusted their testing and the cards themselves to prevent future problems. Last time i checked BFG and XFX just said they would replace any problemed cards, but that's been awhile back. Of coure BFG's cards dont see as many problems due to their low OC speeds.