Sign in to follow this  
mantonr

Folding

I've been folding for well over two years now i think and proudly sit in the top 100.

I haven't been around on the forums for a while and have just wondered where the folding specific forum has gone?

Also i was wondering what you guys think about putting folding on laptops as my sister has just got one and i was thinking of making it fold whilst it was plugged in, to up my output a little.

I've been folding for well over two years now i think and proudly sit in the top 100.

I haven't been around on the forums for a while and have just wondered where the folding specific forum has gone?

Also i was wondering what you guys think about putting folding on laptops as my sister has just got one and i was thinking of making it fold whilst it was plugged in, to up my output a little.

One big problem with folding on laptops is heat-- you might want to scale back the processor usage to 50% to keep it from overheating.

One big problem with folding on laptops is heat-- you might want to scale back the processor usage to 50% to keep it from overheating.

:bah:

I've had folding on my laptops for 5 years (3 different HP laptops) & never ran into problems with any them. Here are some tips for keeping heat down when folding with a laptop..

1. Don't keep it on a bed, or even carpet

...a)And if you need to keep it on carpet, open the laptop & put it on its side (so its resting on the lid & side of its case) and make sure the exhaust for the laptop isn't pointing down!

2.Keep the lid open on the laptop & just set your monitor to turn off after x amount of minutes instead

:lol: those are the main 2 tips that I use....but yea, i'd go ahead & stick on folding and just watch your temps to make sure things aren't abnormally high...

its there, i can see it. Can you see it now?

its there, i can see it. Can you see it now?

Actually I was going to ask about it awhile back, but never did...That was b4 the "donator" statuswas back working...it would appear that my "folding" status isnt registered with it...

Ive already made a post about the absence of folding status (in the subscribers topic), but havent pressed the issue due to the obvious other site problems.

Actually I was going to ask about it awhile back, but never did...That was b4 the "donator" statuswas back working...it would appear that my "folding" status isnt registered with it...

Ive already made a post about the absence of folding status (in the subscribers topic), but havent pressed the issue due to the obvious other site problems.

ok, i'll let the admins know