Transfering Xp?

whimp

sorry if this is a nooby question ... but is there any way i can transfer my xp operating sytem to another hardrive.... thanks :D

What do you mean by transfer? Do you mean you want to have the same copy on two different computers? Or do you want to use the serial for this particular computer only on the other computer? Are you asking for how to install your particular copy of Windows onto another computer if this copy came preinstalled on your computer?

In that case, you would need the XP installation disc and your serial number. Though if you're taking it off of a retail computer, such as a Dell or HP, then you may have issues with activation. And by issues, I mean probably not be able to do it. Though I'll leave the final verdict to somebody else as I've personally never have had this problem (I stopped buying retail back in 1998).

Yes you can do this. Download a trial copy of Acronis Tue Image. You can clone the image of the drive that is going to fail. Remove the old drive and install the new drive as the primary boot drive and set the CD as the primary boot device in your BIOS. Boot your PC from the image CD and it will install the sytem on the new drive and you're good to go. I have done this before with no problems.