Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Yuck

Wmp 11, Explorer As Library, Cant "play All" Etc.

In WMP10, I was able to go to "My Music" and just select a folder I wanted and "Play selection"

But now with WMP11 Beta 2, I cant do it, it just hourglasses for 1 second and then nothing. Doesnt matter if WMP is running or not.

Screenshot for clarification.

post-7463-1157309836_thumb.jpg

is there a fix for this other than rolling back to 10?

(anyone else have this issue?)

I dont need those "google" responses, I tried.

I dont need those "use media library or winamp suggestions" I tried and dont like

And certainly not an Itunes suggestion, that's like trading in a porsche for a taurus because the headlight burned out.

wmp has MANY issues that i (and others) also just 'deal' with. it's a big pain in the backside, but such is the nature of the beast. MS are such swines for constantly releasing software that is supposedly "better", but makes things either more annoying to use or badly programmed.

ultimately though....you said it was BETA 2....so....there we are. MS will blame it on the Beta...

It is more than likely a more windows centered error as ive had it happen with wmp 9, 10, AND 11 at different times on differnt windows installs. you could try to reinstall WMP and see if it decides to work, but for me it started working again when i decided to reformat (yeah cheating i know)

so nobody has it working?

I went to MS's site, next commercial, I'll try something that was mentioned in their FAQ

--edit: nope, didnt work