Usb Headset

AcePilot88

I have a USB headset, and yesterday when I plugged it in to start gaming, I couldn't get the sound to work. I restarted my computer and it still didn't work even though every other time I have plugged it in (I've had it for about 5 months) it has worked. The only way I can get it to work now is by disabling my sound card in Device Manager. I want my sound card to work and my headset to work. :blush::blush:

:typing:

you might be able to solve it by setting the usb headset as the default sound device

control panel > sounds .. > audio

and set the default device to your usb headset (play and record)... so when it's plugged in, it's top priority and it should take over the sounds, and when it's not plugged in, windows finds the next available device...

i have no idea if this works, but it makes sense in theory lol

you might be able to solve it by setting the usb headset as the default sound device

control panel > sounds .. > audio

and set the default device to your usb headset (play and record)... so when it's plugged in, it's top priority and it should take over the sounds, and when it's not plugged in, windows finds the next available device...

i have no idea if this works, but it makes sense in theory lol

lol, yeah that makes sense in theory. heh.

acepilot, do you have a link to this usb headset? I'm curious about it :)

what headset is it with some programs like teamspek you can select different sound devices inside it and it wont affect the comp i use my onboard sound for my speakers which i play all sound on then for teamspeak i use my sennheiser pc-150's with a usb adapter i can go into the sound options and set them to use either but i dont do that if what you have are the plantronics dsp-500 then install the software for them and it will change the settings for you after a few button clicks