Sign in to follow this  
Queenz

I Need Help But I Don't Know

Shoes are disposable and cheap, and really don't offer as much as the computer setups you mentioned. And if you buy the shoes for basketball, you'll wear them out in no time. Otherwise, why not buy a generic brand that LOOKS like what you want, and putting the money towards something important?

Blowing money on fashion is as bad as blowing money on a $1,000 cooler to lower your temp by 10*C.

:withstupid: hell i had my retro 10s since the first day of release last year and till now still look new except for the noise and the shoe string. besides, i dont like looking "old" when im out of the house, but dont mind wearing a t-shirt and boxers all day long in the house.

edit: so theres nothing wrong with people spending a stupid $3k for a a fancy but utterly useless quad sli and dell/apple lcd but its like illegal for someone buying a pair of regular shoes? honestly most people in a urban area couldnt care less about a uber computer but could care more about looking good. *end mini rant* oh besides, aslong as you take care of any pair of shoes, it should last more than 6 months at least...

:withstupid:

well while we are all entitled to our opinions, im sure that me and queenz can both agree on looking good and well dressed is just as important as having a fancy computer that can do 4aa/16af @ 1600x1200 res :lol:

And how does having costly shoes that look the same as $30 ones make you any better?

And why is it that most of those who always say "Oh god spend it all" or "Skip out on the school" seem to have little grasp on real life and handling money? I can guarantee you that if you put most of this spending money into savings and take it out 15 years down the road when you have a higher appreciation for money and aren't use to living with your parents and having them pay for everything, you'll be glad you did. When you're paying bills, living paycheck to paycheck, and struggling to get by, you have to LEARN that function comes first. I learned that early on in life, and it's made things a lot better and easier for me.

And no, I don't spend hundreds of dollars on my system. I worked (though very little, which I regret) for my current system, and only a few things I bought with my own hard earned money. Growing up poor taught me a lot of things about money, and the biggest lessons are that you have to EARN it, and spend it wisely. Setting priorities in order is the first part.

Example: My car insurance is about $60 a month. Now, there's also a $50 grill that I want to buy. Let's say that I'm making $200 a month, and most of that goes to bills and gas. Do I buy the grill because I want it, or do I keep saving money untill I can purchase it and remain financially stable?

I don't mean to flame anyone, but seeing people throw away money frustrates me to no end, mainly because I know that it'll come back eventually to bite them in the rear. Growing up in a very financially family is great, but when you move out and have to start working hard and earning your money, it's a huge transition. Mommy and daddy no longer pay for everything. You find out how much electricity costs, how much your rent's going to be, car insurance, gas, your car payment, your heating bill, clothing, and food. Not to mention that you're probably going to be working at a job that you hate untill you can find a better one. Queenz, you quit your last job because you were too arrogant to do what you were asked too. Keep that attitude up and you'll never land a good job. Do you also decide that your latest assignment in school is below you, and choose not to do it? You had a quick and easy job to do that you quit over (yea, five minutes of scrubbing, five minutes of sanitizing the floor. I can see how hard that is...). When you get an actual job, your employer is going to give you the jobs that no one else will do when you're new to the company. You'll be the packmule, you'll be scrubbing toilets and bathroom sinks, and then brushing the floor. You don't get the job you want right away, you earn it by showing your employer that you're worthy of it and dedicated enough to work hard at it.

I'm going to keep from getting personal here, but you seriously need to get your priorities in order. You're going to be in college soon, and once you move out, you're going to be hit by REAL life (and no, it's nothing like what's portrayed on those bs reality shows that all the kids are watching these days). And trust me, it's unforgiving. It will throw you down, tear you up, and then urinate on your remains if you're not prepared. Anyone who had to go out and start supporting themselves will most likely agree with that.

Now, I'm off to work on mein Deutsch.

well while we are all entitled to our opinions, im sure that me and queenz can both agree on looking good and well dressed is just as important as having a fancy computer that can do 4aa/16af @ 1600x1200 res :lol:

True because to me my life isn't just all about computers and having the latest fancy hardware and what not. When I say this I speak for other people here on OCC that don't just mess around with computers all the time. Some people lets say like a sport other than computers, or like to buy houseware stuff, or power tools, etc. But as you can see me and swifty like spending it on clothes or shoes also. So everyone and I mean everyone has their own opinion and other hobby besides just computers. Maybe not everyone but there is probaly alot who do. And when you live here in NYC and go to schools here that all people do is judge you on if you have the lastest jordans, or nike, or ecko, or whatever like ghetto stuff. If you were here you would probaly understand why. But as of right now these are just opinions and not nothing to start crapping the thread I started. And you talk like your freaking older than me. You were born in 90 so I am assuming your 16 like me. Your just saying all this stuff probaly because you grew up in a family where you could get most of the things you wanted. Otherwise if you didn't you probaly wouldn't even be talking about that. And I just didn't quit the job because of that, I also quit it because of other reasons I don't want to mention here on OCC. So don't talk like you know me if you don't know the full side.

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

HAHA, i knew you too were from NYC :lol: atm in attending city tech for an Associate Degree in electrical engineering. btw the jordans were like a big giveaway. back on topic, dont bother trying out a size 7, it just might barely fit and your feet will regret it later on.

and as for KB, im sure most of us know about being financially stable, but does it mean constantly depriving yourself from something that you actually might want? sure one has to work now that mom and dad isnt supporting them but it doesnt mean working your butt off for minumum wage unless of course dropping out of school was the thing. like i said, i agree with you KB but you also have to be able to set aside money to treat your self to some fancy BS once in a while, while being financially stable.

HAHA, i knew you too were from NYC :lol: atm in attending city tech for an Associate Degree in electrical engineering. btw the jordans were like a big giveaway. back on topic, dont bother trying out a size 7, it just might barely fit and your feet will regret it later on.

and as for KB, im sure most of us know about being financially stable, but does it mean constantly depriving yourself from something that you actually might want? sure one has to work now that mom and dad isnt supporting them but it doesnt mean working your butt off for minumum wage unless of course dropping out of school was the thing. like i said, i agree with you KB but you also have to be able to set aside money to treat your self to some fancy BS once in a while, while being financially stable.

:withstupid: Well said. Hey swiffy what are you? like nationality?

:withstupid: Well said. Hey swiffy what are you? like nationality?

puerto rican and colombian, oddly though i look a little asian italian according to a few friends of mines :bah: and you?

puerto rican and colombian, oddly though i look a little asian italian according to a few friends of mines :bah: and you?

ha cool i am half puerto rican and half chinese lol serious

and todays lesson (which you NEED to learn and SHOULD have already learned) is budgeting your $$$.

you spent 'X' on computer gear, and now lack the $$$ for the shoes you "want" (but don't really "need"). what does this tell you?

and todays lesson (which you NEED to learn and SHOULD have already learned) is budgeting your $$$.

you spent 'X' on computer gear, and now lack the $$$ for the shoes you "want" (but don't really "need"). what does this tell you?

college is more important than both :) especially when books are overpriced and happen to be written by the teacher wrote it themselves. proper balancing is the best method to use. shop smart and dont splurge on BS all the time hehe.

I have learned not to waste money ALLL HAIL THE GREAT BIGRED :bah: