Possible To Attack My Own Network?

i was wonderin if im able to slow a own pc down to something slower than a dial up connection? somethin so slow that it will timeout at times? the reason im doing this beacuse recently my parents decided to cut my bandwidth down to 750kbps, because i wouldnt share my pc w/ my sisters, but now i made my sisters their own pc n theyre hoggin up all the bw w/ their crappy myspace stuff. so i would like to slow down their bw consumption so theyl ask for an upgrade to 3 or 8mbps, i have a bw limiter but its not very descrete, i want to use or do something that they wont notice. any ideas?

Get a job, and pay the difference in the bill? Talk to your parents about why the 3 or 8MB plan is better for everyone (not just you) also you might not get so far with this sabotaging of your sisters computer (or the computer they use) because I bet your folks wont like that.

um.. maybe a DoS attack.. or denial of service.. google it.. im pretty sure that is leagel as long as you keep it inside your own network for your own use.. if you were to take that attack outside of your own network, your asking for LOT's of trouble.. ..

:withstupid: Wait until one of them leaves themselves signed into myspace and go clicking on all of the spam chain letters and things like that. Then get all the cool smilies, layouts, and ringtones you want!

Don't most routers have QoS? I thought that would allow you to set which ports are given the most bandwidth...not sure if you could really limit it if you aren't doing anything, but if you want to game or something, you could make sure that w/e they are doing doesn't affect you.

Don't most routers have QoS? I thought that would allow you to set which ports are given the most bandwidth...not sure if you could really limit it if you aren't doing anything, but if you want to game or something, you could make sure that w/e they are doing doesn't affect you.

thats what i would do

while the suggestiong for getting a faster connection is good, its not what he wants, besides a computer can still be able to hog up alot of bandwith.

like the others said, look in to your QoS settings and make sure YOUR computer hogs up the bandwidth :)