Frequency Of Losing Water

IUMaestro

in my closed loops system i lose about a teaspoon a month. i assume that's not a leak i need to worry much about?

am i right?

Well If I were you I would usually just make sure the clamps are tight enough and make sure all the tubes are attached sercurly. But with all the hot weather we been having I wouldn't really say losing about a teaspoon of water is something to worry about because it evaporates sometimes :P

Well If I were you I would usually just make sure the clamps are tight enough and make sure all the tubes are attached sercurly. But with all the hot weather we been having I wouldn't really say losing about a teaspoon of water is something to worry about because it evaporates sometimes :P

Water will not evaporate in a closed system( Where will the water vapor go if the system is sealed). I would check for leaks and address with clamps or tighten those you already may have.

Water will not evaporate in a closed system( Where will the water vapor go if the system is sealed). I would check for leaks and address with clamps or tighten those you already may have.

If it's truly closed, no, but most systems have a place where water vapor can escape, usually at the filling location.

Sometimes early on in a system's life you'll have a little air in the system and as it gets worked out of the lines you'll see the water level drop, with the amount you're loosing over the time you're loosing it though it's not likely that it's evaporation's fault.

if you've carefully inspected all joints and cant find a leak you might want to try running just the pump overnight and looking again, small leaks are easily dried by fans afterall. Another possibility is that the radiator is leaking, a slight drip out into the path of a blowing fan again would be dried up and you may never notice it.

Guys. It goes through the tubing. If it's completely sealed you WILL lose water.

It's completely normal. Nothing is wrong with it. Go put water in some tubing and seal off the ends and check it. Water WILL be missing.

:bah:

how do you even know a teaspoon is lost per month? that's only 5ml... i don't think i'd be able to notice the difference if i added/removed 5ml even if i looked at the res before and after...