Ocz Is The Worst Company Ive Ever Delt With.

*************EDIT********************

Sean Sinhu from OCZ you are a god among men. Thanks so much for taking care of me when i doubted yall the most. :D

Im sure a good portion of you all use OCZ memory, if not presently in thepast and so on.

Well i have a pair of 512mb sticks that i bought like a year ago. Just recently my OS got currupted and i wondered why. Memtest was quick to point out that my memory had failed. So i figure oh dang now i have to wait a couple weeks for new stuff and send this away to (most likely California). So i flip the memory packaging around and call the OCZ support line. No answer, i guess somebody was on a cofffee break....

Well no, here it is 3months later and i still dont have my memory. Hell i still cant get an answer on their support line. Whats worse is that i did get in contact with a member of the support team name Jimmy Houn but since our conversation regarding how sorry he was that they didnt answer the phone. He told me that OCZ willship me a replacement set and that i was to package my old ram up in the same packaging and send it back. They were gunna pay all the shipping, i was greatly suprised as i had already bubble wrapped and enveloped my memory ready to be shipped (their site says customer pays the shipping, so i figured big deal $10) but ya i was happy.

Then he never once responded to my emails again. I call their support number on my break at work and still no answer. I am never buying OCZ memory again and i urge anyone else out there not to as well. I just picked up some Crucial and its working better then ever before.

Today im mailing a report to the BBB and hopefully it will at least get an email sent to head office about this...

If anyone would like to try and contact Jimmy here is his addy

[email protected]

If you do contact him please mention me as im sure he will remember cause hes obviously activly deleting my emails.

Description of the product (quantity, size and Part Number): 1 stick of a matched pair of 240pin PC-4200 GOLD DDR2 memory. P/N OCZ25331024ELDCGE-K

Item Number 15370 140258 4

Edited by zep_54

I liked the OCZ ram when i used it, but you're right. Bad customer support is not good. Next build i was really considering getting OCZ, now i'll be thinking twice.

Good luck with the BBB. Smart move.

OCZs Corperate offfice is (408) 733-8400.

Peace.

Thankfully Ive never had to deal with them. Hopefully G.skill is a little better. You really get the point across to a company when you give them a bad rating at the BBB or places like that.

i've had nothing but good come from OCZ. I had a stick of budget ram go bad in a customers computer (that i built him) and i called them and got a new one very quickly. The only other company i would consider for ram would be mushkin and that would be if im building a super preformance computer.

You were probably un-lucky. Sometimes people get bad parts from good manufacturers.

I personal have had the same problem bought a new stick of ocz ram and when I first tryied it did work kept giving me errors and had to send it back and get a re-fund. In a little later in the year I am getting and OCZ ps for my new computer hope they work out better.

Before you go knocking them so hard have you tried their support forum? They have waranty and tech reps there all the time so that would be my suggestion. They seem to cater to the community so try it before you get to bashing them so bad. Heres the link Just in case you couldn't find it. ;)

Year old, overclocked ram and you are going to call the BBB?

I totally agree with exeter_acres here! I sent them some mem, only got it back after 1 month, but who cares? at least u get it back and its working like a charm!

And yes, their support forums is the place to look for the support, contact RyderOCZ on there, and he'll help ya!

it's easy to remember all the bad things we have purchased, but what about the thousands of perfectly fine items you have experienced? head office don't get an email about each one of those i'm quite sure.

i've had plenty of dodgy products, replaced quickly and not-so-quickly, but it's hard to stay loyal when first impressions suck. at least i have a reason for not wanting a deathstar again (4 busted in a row? no thanks!) esp as other hard disks have lasted longer.

as for the RAM, well, i would personally not have let 3 months go by. 28 days, yes, but 3 months? i think not. if you don't remind these companies, they wont bother. there are thousands of people out there with similar problems and i bet a good percentage of people will 'just give up' and then the company wins.

the lesson? keep getting on their backs. ask to speak to a superior. write a written complaint and have it tracked with proof of delivery to an office. if they dont respond here in the UK, one can take further action. i'm not sure how the US works, but never let them take that long!

When my powerstream 520 died, they cross shipped me one ASAP, and even asked if any other part was damaged so they could replace that too!. Sorry to hear about your problem, but nothing but good stuff from OCZ and their support here.