Sweet Spots...

Would it make since that a CPU could run stable at 290x9=2610 when it wouldnt run stable at 255x10=2550? Also, is ORTHOS a trust-worth judge of stability after 30min of runtime? :ph34r:

Also, what's the max Volts, or the max temp I should trust the motherboard read-outs with stock cooling? Maxed out at 45C on CPU now.

make sure you get good cooling and then try 1.5v, and use a stress app like prime95 or occt and let it run for 24 hours straight on both cores at the same time, thats the best way to test along with a few loops of 3dmark05/06 afterwards.

stable...... that really depends on you! there is SOOOO many different definitions of stable, its unbelievabvle. I have not tested my stability (2900MHz 290x10 1:1 3-4-4-8-1T @ 1.52 Vcore), but I know my mem does it (19 hours prime) and I think my CPU will do it as well, so far no problems, hasn't crashed at all!

Would it make since that a CPU could run stable at 290x9=2610 when it wouldnt run stable at 255x10=2550? Also, is ORTHOS a trust-worth judge of stability after 30min of runtime? :ph34r:

Also, what's the max Volts, or the max temp I should trust the motherboard read-outs with stock cooling? Maxed out at 45C on CPU now.

Orthos is just a prettier version of prime 95 that has the capability to run 2 instances for dual core cpu's. 30 minutes is just a good start. Select custom test and include all memory not used by the o/s then set priority to 9 and try and make it to 24hrs.

i use the 9x multi on my 170 even tho i have a 10x stock multi... it works out better for my divider and other settings like preamble etc...

the temps and voltages are very close to the actual readings