Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze_Badger

Buncha New Systems =d

Well, the school's been upgrading and cleaning stuff out, and because I'm on good terms with the IT guy, and I've been doing work for the librarian, I get to take all the old stuff :).

Several eMacs, three printers, one Dell Inspiron XPS P133c (running Windows 98 Plus right now, thinking of trying out BSD), and a few VGA monitors.

So, what should I do with them all :D? Folding farm, experimentation with different OSs... seeing how they handle an abrupt velocitation arrest error :D?

So, what should I do with them all :D? Folding farm, experimentation with different OSs... seeing how they handle an abrupt velocitation arrest error :D?

i wouldn't, watch your electric bill jump 50 bucks + :( and the heat would probably be unbearable (if you don't care, there ya go!)

i'd sell them, keep them in storage for parts, set up a server with one etc, or like guju said, donate them

Guest Flashstar

Chuck the printers into the donation bin, run VLC and a network firewall on the laptop, and sell the emacs. Or you could see if they could run servers I guess.

oor you can give them to people that have no computers.

:withstupid: I totally agree because I see kids or families sitting at home who aren't fortunate enough to have a computer. Just imagine how it would be to be in that position. Like donate them to an orphan place or something in that area. I am sure the kids would be more than happy enough to have them

oor you can give them to people that have no computers.

I think that would be the best idea too, but make sure they fold!

go on kb... be the Santa Claus of pc's... ho ho ho! :D

Normally I wouldn't agree with everyone else but... :withstupid: It was a big eye opener for me when I realized one of my best friends didn't have a computer to use for school work over the summer, and then how many other people haven't had the opportunity to realize the joys of computing.