Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Yuck

Need A Dictionary For My Laptop (offline)

I need a dictionary for my laptop for when I'm in class, the community college here doesnt have WIFI.

Oxford would be nice but I'll settle for other.

Windows XP MCE 2005

I'd like a free one, but would be willing to pay a small price if necessary.

I believe that he wanted a personal recomendation, not a link.

I've only used Encarta 2001 (which includes an offline dictionary), and it served me well. Although, I do prefer to just look up the word online because I hate inserting the stupid cd (the cd needs to be in inorder for the dictionary to work.) Here's a link to the Wikipedia article on Encarta (newest version seems to be 2006) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encarta#Encarta_Dictionary

yeah I googled it and found one called "Babylon" but it's not very free after 30 days.

The thing about googling stuff like this, is there's a big chance that you end up with pages like this or programs loaded with spyware.

Vasto is right, I was looking for a more personal answer, and I thank you for that, but the CD type isnt my thing for the same reasons you have, I also prefer googling "define: piano" or dictionary.com etc. But there's no wifi at my college.

Since there is no Wi-Fi, there is EVDO to consider, then you will have the net just about anywhere, and it can be your main connection.

$59/m for Unlimited National Service

:lol: Talk about killing a fly with a sledgehammer, that would be nice but I'm a college student...thanks for the suggestion though, I can dream cant I?