I Got A New Zalman Water Block Any Suggestions?

Queenz

Ok I purchased a Zalman VGA waterblock. In the package I got 8 heatsinks and two water blocks. One large and one small. Ok I used the large waterblock for my graphics card. So I thought to myself, why not mod the smaller water block to fit on my chipset. So I did. But in the middle of the chipset I put a little bit of super glue to make sure it stays on the chipset. Is this okay to do? If I ever wanted to take it off would finger nail polish remover be an option to use? But whatever is going on it did bring my chipset down a couple degrees which is good in my terms.

mix the super glue with thermal paste so that it will stick, and it can be pulled off. Experiment with other samples not on your block or chipset first to get the right porportions :)

If you must use "straight" super glue dont put it in the middle because it will not allow the chip to disperse heat into the water block, try small dabs on the outside corners...

*although you should always use some type of thermal paste on and heat transfering device anyways*

Also be careful about what you hook up yo your water cooling setup.

I know these blocks are low-resistance, but adding too many components can cause the radiator to be overwhelmed and not reduce the heat of the water suffeciently enough to cool your CPU!

and thats not a good thing...

Hopefully everything works out!!

btw where did you put the heatsinks?

If you must use "straight" super glue dont put it in the middle because it will not allow the chip to disperse heat into the water block, try small dabs on the outside corners...

*although you should always use some type of thermal paste on and heat transfering device anyways*

Also be careful about what you hook up yo your water cooling setup.

I know these blocks are low-resistance, but adding too many components can cause the radiator to be overwhelmed and not reduce the heat of the water suffeciently enough to cool your CPU!

and thats not a good thing...

Hopefully everything works out!!

btw where did you put the heatsinks?

I put the heatsinks on the RAM of my graphics card. But actually to be honest since I added the two water blocks on my cpu the temp went down about 2 or 3 degrees also because I had to shorten the tubes.

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90