New Rig Pics And Experience Thusfar

Ziggy54354

I got my allendale system up finally. Seems pretty nice so far. 3dmark06 was 5750 with video at 675/775 and cpu at 2.1ghz. Temps are ok. Im doing low 40's at load and low 30's at idle for the cpu. Video is another story. Even with my vf-900 this thing is roasting and doing mid 40's at idle and going all the way up to the 70's during load. Currently slowly trying to oc the cpu up. Wire management is a pita with a case like this. I could barely fit my psu in cause of the heatsink and the top mounted fan i put in. I had 2 cathodes but i only put 1 in cause i had no room. Annnddd thats about it for now... heres pics

post-3352-1156480960_thumb.jpg

post-3352-1156480972_thumb.jpg

post-3352-1156480980_thumb.jpg

yo man I really suggest you get some watercooling for you graphics card and cpu if your wanting to get more out of that allendale and 1900xtx. But just a quick question how is that motherboard working out. Does it have good overclocking capabilities?

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

does the perpendicular recording HDD show any kind of speed benefit over other HDDs?

nice system!

I have one of those PRT hdds, it does indeed run faster than my normal WD, about 20mbps more in most tests and faster response times as well.

Good job on your system.

the motherboard is doing great im at 2.8ghz with 400mhz fsb and im expecting to hit atleast 3ghz cause ive barely touched the vmch. Unfortunately i dont have internet access with it right now but i will in a couple of days once i get back to school. so no cpu-z posts (too lazy to transfer pics via flash drive...)

To be quite honest im coming from ide, i didnt have sata in my last comp cause i got a 200gb ide for 40$ so i just went with that. Obviously, it is faster than that.

Too poor for water cooling

yes its a ninja

ill try to post pics with flash in a little bit

Edited by Ziggy54354

the motherboard is doing great im at 2.8ghz with 400mhz fsb and im expecting to hit atleast 3ghz cause ive barely touched the vmch. Unfortunately i dont have internet access with it right now but i will in a couple of days once i get back to school. so no cpu-z posts (too lazy to transfer pics via flash drive...)

To be quite honest im coming from ide, i didnt have sata in my last comp cause i got a 200gb ide for 40$ so i just went with that. Obviously, it is faster than that.

Too poor for water cooling

yes its a ninja

ill try to post pics with flash in a little bit

So you must of been saving up for this rig for a long time right?

Edited by QueenzPCfreak90

yea, after paying off my tuition, car stuff, and buying stuff for school plus this im officially broke. It wasnt even that expensive considering it's a core2 system ($1100 for just the tower). Heres some pics, i decided to post a cpu-z cause im bored though. Temps are a lil high but thats cause i "overvolted" i gave it more juice than i needed just to make sure i wouldnt run into cpu limitations and i would work with fsb limits first.

post-3352-1156556112_thumb.jpg

post-3352-1156556126_thumb.jpg

post-3352-1156556134_thumb.jpg

post-3352-1156556145_thumb.jpg

post-3352-1156556160_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ziggy54354

yea, after paying off my tuition, car stuff, and buying stuff for school plus this im officially broke. It wasnt even that expensive considering it's a core2 system ($1100 for just the tower). Heres some pics, i decided to post a cpu-z cause im bored though. Temps are a lil high but thats cause i "overvolted" i gave it more juice than i needed just to make sure i wouldnt run into cpu limitations and i would work with fsb limits first.

*cries at 34sec superpi score <_< :lol:

that is very nice, keep OCing! :)