Amd Am2 3500+ Vs. Amd 939 X2 3500+ Review

Bosco

I'd still be interested to see if DDR2-800 would change the results at all.

And don't forget that Socket AM2 was not really about increasing performance. It was mostly to update the memory controller to DDR2 (as that's becoming the new standard for memory) and to unify all of their desktop chips onto one socket. There's a reason why both the AM2 and S939 CPUs have the same model number of 3500. They're suppose to be equivalent in performance. Most of your benchmarks show very similar results. Which is to be expected.

So there was never any reason to "Upgrade" to AM2. But if you were going to get a new CPU/MB, it'd be best to get an AM2. As even if you just got a cheap Sempron to start, you could later upgrade all the way to an FX-62 if you wanted.

Oh, and a little typo. The title says "Amd Am2 3500+ Vs. Amd 939 X2 3500+ Review".

Another good review.

But it seems like the results were the same as last time were 939 and AM2 had about the same results.

But I would be interested if ddr800 would change the results.

(Not to be mean or offensive) but I think you should ask or get (I don't know if someone gives or you buy this stuff) a sticks of 2x512 ddr800 before you go and review another 939 vs AM2.