Whatpulse

Andrewr05

There is a new version of Whatpulse out:

V. 1.5 Beta 1 (cherry) <--- Direct Download

V. 1.5 Beta 1 (cherry) <--- Download page

Pulse Profiles

First, you had accounts, and then you have accounts with profiles. Profiles are basically ways to separate your different computers. To read more about pulse profiles, review http://whatpulse.org/pulse-profiles/

WhatPulseD

In the 1.4 versions, communications with the server went through the HTTP protocol. In 1.5, all communications go through a new protocol, that whatpulsed uses. WhatPulseD is more stable, faster, and can handle way more load then the old way of pulsing.

Proxy authentication

Some proxy servers require authentication. Previous WhatPulse versions did not support proxy authentication. 1.5 does.

Mouse Distance support

In addition to key counting and click counting, WhatPulse now also supports tracking how far you've moved your mouse.

Automatic updates checker

WhatPulse now checks every week or every month (or never) for updates with the server.

Local XML stats file

Next to the XML file on the server, 1.5 has the option to generate a local XML file that you can use for local programs to grab statistics.

Interface revamp

Most dialogs have been revamped to have better usability, and just to look better.

Any bugs can be posted here (new account required, or to just view the bugs Username: guest Pass:Email)

Happy clicking/typing/mousing!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this version sucks. they ruined a perfectly good product.

The mouse tracking has completly . it up, and who the hell cares about how many miles you move your mouse when they don't even count scrolls yet?!

I have to exit whatpulse when I play TQ now because it causes the mouse to lag sporadically, really badly. I don't know about any other games yet, but I'd hate to take that chance in an FPS.

• 2 months later...

I have over 27 miles. I haven't played TQ in awhile, and have only noticed mouse stutters a couple of times in Company of Heroes, but nothing as bad as TQ. I still get mouse lag when trying to rearrange/sort a folder containing many thumbnails on occasion though.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...