Amd Am2 4200+ Vs. Amd 939 4200+ Review

Bosco

It also makes me fell better about my rig not getting too old if AM2 has the same to lower results then 939.

:withstupid:

I also thought this was done very well.

Edited by BlitzBomb

Very nice review with interesting results and just a few mistakes. Well really only one mistake was you have handyman as handiman and I also think you should include what version of sisoftware since scores differ alot between the versions. But like I said great job.

oh and this is the occ where was the overclocking competition lol?

Edited by caffeinejunkie

I noticed you used DDR2-667 memory. I thought one of the reasons AMD held out on AM2 until DDR2-800 was out was because it needed the 800MHz stuff to keep the performance up to par. AMD CPUs like low-latency memory. Could you try the tests with DDR2-800 and see if it makes any difference?

I noticed you used DDR2-667 memory. I thought one of the reasons AMD held out on AM2 until DDR2-800 was out was because it needed the 800MHz stuff to keep the performance up to par. AMD CPUs like low-latency memory. Could you try the tests with DDR2-800 and see if it makes any difference?

Was wondering the same thing if the ddr667 limited the cpu.

I will see what I can do, I tried to get 800Mhz memory but nobody here had it yet and I still can't get it. But to be perfectly honest I cannot see the scores being that much higher honestly some of those scores will be hard to get back up, a new chipset would do better imo

AMAZING review ;)

i as well would be interested to see if faster ram would play a part, though i SERIOUSELY doubt it, i think the chipsets need to mature some before it will be a viable platform.