Sign in to follow this  
MadMax

6-channel Audio?

is that the same as 6.1

example: 6-Channel Audio (optional)

The P4B533 uses an onboard C-Media audio controller, letting you enjoy 6-channel audio without having to buy advanced sound cards.

asus p4b533.

so can i hook up CREATIVE INSPIRE 6.1 SPEAKER 6600 (7PC) to it and get the power of 6.1 or do i have to get 5.1?

please help me! :unsure:

are these on board sound systems any good? i would love putting off my santa cruz sound card and get an 80 gig hd instead

are these on board sound systems any good? i would love putting off my santa cruz sound card and get an 80 gig hd instead

i am just using the onboard audio from my a7n8x deluxe and i see absolutely no need for a extra sound card, the only reason you would need one is if your anal about super high quality sound(most people cant tell the difference anyway), which im not. Also heres a link at tomshardware.com that talks about the benefits and pitfalls of onboard audio. Hope this helps a bit. :D

Go with the 80 gb hard drive :D

so they say, it's better to buy a soundcard because that takes away the heavy tasks of the cpu. so less tasks for the cpu in games and stuff, the better it works. so my conclusion: need to go and buy me a card :)

if you look at these benchmarks again you will notice the nforce 2 onboard audio takes more off the cpu than the $200 audigy 2, well that doesnt sound right? :P

This leads me to believe that the nForce in question here is in fact a dedicated sound card, since it is contrasted directly with the onboard chips in this quote:

"It's no great surprise that the sound cards do very well. They are optimized for sound processing and substantially relieve the CPU of this heavy task to let it go about its more important business. The nForce APU does brilliantly in all three games and therefore deserves a special mention.

The Realtek ALC650 and C-MEDIA CMI8738 onboard chips, on the other hand, have trouble keeping pace."

Correct me if im wrong, though.

Edited by Joba Fel-Naago

maybe not a dedicated soundcard but i would have to say the best built in sound card you can get. Which performs as well and often better than a dedicated sound card. thats why it deserves a special mention

when they say 6-Channel Audio they mean 5.1, 7 channel would be 6.1,

I was under the impression that 6-Channel Audio was actually 6.1, because in 6.1 there are 6 actual channels plus the subwoofer channel which is the .1. I say this because I haven't heard the term 7-Channel Audio associated with 6.1 before.