Crossfire Question

bigears

i have an x1800XT 512MB, can i crossfire this with a plain x1800 512MB crossfire card from a different manufacturer.

my understanding of crossfire is that this WILL work, but correct me before i buy the crossfire card. :D

Do they ever plan on releasing it? I am in the same boat. :)

However.. to my research.. I HAVE found x1800XT256 'MasterCards' - just not 512MB... which destroys the purpose of buying the first x1800XT as a 512MB card.

congrats on not actually answering the question

i've got this one: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo...roductID=314610

and i plan to buy this one as well: http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=317155

will they work, considering that the first one is a GEcube and an XT, and the second one is a Sapphire and just a plain old X1800?

your first card has to be crossfire compatible.

X1800XT 512mb cards are not as far as I've seen. then you would need a 512mb x1800 master card.

I don't think you're going to get this working.

the manual for the first card says it is crossfire compatable, as does the website i bought it from.

i've e-mailed komplett to find out if they know if they are going to get any more crossfire master cards.

(but if most of the cards haven't even been released yet, it seems to me like the release/distribution of X1800 crossfires cards has been a bit of a shambles compared to nVidia's SLI distribution when that was first released.

As long as you have a "Master" Card you should be fine.The Crossfire master cards are XT's not XTX's. From what i understand you can crossfire any of the cards but you will have to run at the speds of the slower card.