Which Case?

I'm looking for a new case and having a really hard time deciding. I always find a case, love it and then find some flaw and get really disappointed and have to start looking again. Well i think i've narrowed it down to 2...

These are the ones i have my eye on

NZXT Lexa

Antec P180

I'm not too concerned about noise isolation, in fact i'm more concerned about cooling. I like that the NZXT has a side window with a 120mm fan, but i don't like it's hard drive racks, i much prefer the quick release racks on the Antec. The thing i don't like about the antec is that it doesn't have a window or much accommodation for good cooling. I'm not sure my psu would be able to reach the mobo in the P180 either. I've read reviews on both cases and at the moment i'm thinking the Antec.

Would appreciate any feedback :D

Umm.. I can't really say anything based on experience.. but the P180B just made me wet myself. :O I want it. Think an LCD would look good in that front panel? (HECK YA! :P )

If you have any style preference... the Antec case simply looks 'better', and is definatly going to be 'respected' at a LAN. In my opinion.. that looks better than alot of Lian Li cases... :O

i haven't heard of or met one single P180 owner who didn't think the interior layout was designed by a demented monkey with an etch-a-sketch

the most common design flaw remarked upon is the psu location, nearby fans, and the access holes for cable routing... good luck getting your cable to reach where they need to go without any issues

Looks like it's best if somebody with experience offered his opinion.

I used to own the NZXT Nemesis Elite and currently own the Antec P180B. The Nemesis Elite has an IDENTICAL interior to the Lexa case.

The NZXT case offered amazing cooling. The interior was a dream to work with, there was tons of space. My only complaint is the styling. It started looking tacky to me after a while.

The Antec P180B is pure simplicity. It is quiet (I can't tell if it's on by listening to it). It also cools just as well as the NZXT case as it also has three 120mm fans (one is actually a 120x38 whereas the NZXT has all 120x25). However, the Antec has an option for one more 120mm fan. Granted, the PSU being on the bottom can be a bit of a hassle to route wires, but it also drops the case temperature, which in turn drops CPU temps.

It really comes down to personal preference on styling. If you like the simplicity of the P180B over the NZXT case, then the choice is obvious. Though keep a few things in mind. The Lexa case is SIGNIFICANTLY lighter than the Antec case. The P180B has triple layer side panels to muffle noise and is constructed of steel, whereas the Lexa is constructed of aluminum. If you plan on taking the thing to LAN parties, then stay away from the P180B as you will be breaking your back (it's also above standard spec size).

To me the Lexa seems to be the stylish, funky and modern one, the P180B seems quite understated in comparison. More of an appliance in which your hardware goes, than a piece of modern art.

If you want a "look at me!" case, then get the Lexa. Looking for your computer not to be noticed by anyone, then get yourself a P180B.

Both cases seem about equal in terms of cooling, the P180B has really clever hard drive bays and a nifty trick of placing the PSU at the bottom. And the Lexa goes with the classical approach of having as many 120mm fans as is reasonably possible, the modder's touch. :D

I've actually considered the Lexa for myself, but there's just something about that puts me off. I can't put my finger on it, the case just doesn't really appeal to me.

Thanks for the replies...

I'm still undecided. i have a boring Antec case at the minute and wanted something a little more fun. Starting to picture the Lexa sitting here and think it'd be quite cool...

Think i'll go for the Lexa and if i don't like it, just buy the Antec too :lol:

Thanks for the replies...

I'm still undecided. i have a boring Antec case at the minute and wanted something a little more fun. Starting to picture the Lexa sitting here and think it'd be quite cool...

Think i'll go for the Lexa and if i don't like it, just buy the Antec too :lol:

I was in your position before I got my P180B. I was seriously thinking about the Lexa case before I decided that I was getting old and all the "pretty lights" just weren't attractive anymore. Plus, I wanted to step up to a more sophisticated look. The Lian Li cases were a tad bit outside of my budget.

The Lexa will be an excellent choice if you enjoy the styling. The insides are a dream to work with.