Recommend Me Some Free Anti-virus Software

markiemrboo

I've just had a lovely message box from AVG on all of my computers this morning:

Dear AVG User!

You may not be aware that you might be using your AVG Anti-Virus Free in conflict with out License Agreement. AVG Anti-Virus Free is for private, non-commercial, single home computer use only.

We are certain that you appreciate not only the attractive price but especially the additional features of our AVG Network Edition.

Take advantage of our special offer now and keep your data safe!

(link)BECOME LEGAL(/link)

Beautiful, isn't it? Upon reading the license agreement it does actually state:

You must not use the program in a network or on more than one computer.

So, I am now searching for a hassle free, free anti-virus solution that won't annoy me because I am using it on a network of 5 (6 but one isn't Windows blah blah blah) machines.

A quick google revealed Avast! Home edition, which apparently wants a one year non fee registration -- seems kind of annoying -- I can't see anywhere where it says that won't install on multiple computers using a single registration? But before I go with Avast! (i'm not keen on having to renew a registration every year!), is there anything else out there? I'm not after integrated firewalls or anything else, all I want is a simple, free anti-virus solution! Please?!

Hmm... I use AVG on 3 machines... no message :huh: Maybe try AntiVir

If you did end up buying though... I'd say NOD32 or Kaspersky

Its probably because he's using a super duper customized domain :lol:

as far as antivirus goes... AntiVir or maybe bitdeffender? those are the two other free ones i know of...

Hmm... I use AVG on 3 machines... no message :huh: Maybe try AntiVir

If you did end up buying though... I'd say NOD32 or Kaspersky

Its probably because he's using a super duper customized domain :lol:

as far as antivirus goes... AntiVir or maybe bitdeffender? those are the two other free ones i know of...

The domain was my first thought actually. It is probably that to be honest, I have a domain set up therefore I must be a business :rolleyes: Phft! I actually can't use Everest for this very reason, but I am not getting rid of my set up for that, as it actually generally makes my life alot easier, and oh so much more exciting!!

I'll check out AntiVir and BitDefender though ta. I have no intention for paying for something [that I think] should really be free anyway.... from Microsoft no less.....:rolleyes:

avast! free edition. It is el good-o

Well, yeah, I was sorta asking for alternatives before I went with that because of the whole registration thing. Still free, I know, it is just annoying... and I am unusually fussy and warped in general, as you can no doubt tell :P

Avast is my favorite antivirus. I just had to take it off my main rig because on some (very few) computers one of the avast files causes the computer to randomly reboot. They have a simple fix for it by letting it just autoo-update... but I was using the Pro version... and it wasn't 100% legal (one of my buddies is a tester for them), so I had to junk it and use AVG free. All of my other rigs are still using the Pro version with no problem at all.

I use avg on all 10 of my computers. all networked together. I just downloaded the program for each one giving 10 different free licenses.

Same hear too got avast on 4 of my computers they all share the same internet connection if that is called "networked togeather" and I have never had this problem before. Just send for some more keys and it will go away I mean it only takes like less then a min to do.