Sign in to follow this  
young-joseph

Best Pre-built?

My mom is in the market for a new computer, and I just don't have the time to build and maintain it for her. Other than Dell I don't mess with many other prebuilts these days. I would like to support AMD, so Dell is out of the question. What brands would you guys suggest these days? HP, Compaq, ect? She uses it for basic tasks so she doesnt need alien ware or FNW either. Thanks for any input.

Guest FxXP

HP my rear end. :P Too bad there not many choices when it comes to AMD Tier-1 systems. Gateway and eMachines are rubbish, and Compaq/HP being the same company, you have limited choices. ;) Chances are that she would get better tech support through you rather than HP. :D

Hey, there is nothing wrong with eMachines. It's a great prebuilt and it's a great budget PC. The one I have is still running great after three years. I'm just defending eMachines here. Go with HP if you want.

HP, I would recommend buying through costco.

They're quiet and they dont look half bad either.

Be prepared for a huge amount of bloatware removal though.

Well, I expect to have to remove a ton of pre-installed junk no matter which brand I get her to go with. Thanks for all the fast replys guys. Guess I will have her go with HP. I'm not anti Dell or anti Intel, I just like to help the competetion out.